- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Hope Hicks reportedly resigns as White House communications director
Hope Hicks, President Donald Trump’s White House communications director, will resign from her position, according to a report.
Hicks, who worked with Trump before his presidential run, has been a close aide to Trump and announced on Wednesday that she would resign, according to the New York Times.
She had reportedly been considering resigning for several months, according to the newspaper. Her resignation comes the day after she had testified before the House Intelligence Committee where she told lawmakers that she sometimes had to tell white lies for the president as part of her job.
“Hope is outstanding and has done great work for the last three years,” Trump told the Times. “She is as smart and thoughtful as they come, a truly great person. I will miss having her by my side but when she approached me about pursuing other opportunities, I totally understood. I am sure we will work together again in the future.”
Hicks has also reportedly become intertwined with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
The investigators are reportedly looking at her role in the president dictating a misleading statement to Donald Trump Jr. regarding his meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 who allegedly told them she could provide damaging information on Hillary Clinton.
You can read all of the New York Times‘ report here.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).