- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Eric Trump attacks George Conway for showing ‘utter disrespect’ toward his wife Kellyanne Conway
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
People had some thoughts about Eric Trump’s tweet.
Eric Trump said late Monday that George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, shows her “utter disrespect,” seemingly pointing to the numerous criticisms he’s had of President Donald Trump over the past several years.
“Of all the ugliness in politics, the utter disrespect George Conway shows toward his wife, her career, place of work, and everything she has fought SO hard to achieve, might top them all,” the president’s son tweeted.
Of all the ugliness in politics, the utter disrespect George Conway shows toward his wife, her career, place of work, and everything she has fought SO hard to achieve, might top them all. @KellyannePolls is great person and frankly his actions are horrible.
— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) December 4, 2018
Trump retweeted his thoughts about George Conway early Tuesday morning.
The attack from Eric Trump came just hours after George Conway suggested that the president tampered with a witness (in relation to Special Counsel Robert Mueller‘s investigation) when Trump tweeted praise for Roger Stone, adding that it was “nice to know that some people still have ‘guts.’
In response, Conway tweeted:
“File under “18 U.S.C. §§ 1503, 1512,” he wrote, quote-retweeting the president.
File under “18 U.S.C. §§ 1503, 1512” https://t.co/e4ZGVn1kJi
— George Conway (@gtconway3d) December 3, 2018
In his tweet, Conway was referencing statutes related to witness tampering and obstruction of justice. Given the president’s history, people found Eric Trump’s attacking someone for having ‘disrespect’ for their wife to be a bit much.
I'm pretty sure George Conway didn't have sex with a number of women and then pay to keep them quiet. Wait – that was your daddy. His actions are the actions of a lawyer and a patriot. @KellyannePolls has known him longer than you, and I don't see her divorcing him, so STFU https://t.co/v4UEStEUMB
— Milt Shook (@MiltShook) December 4, 2018
tfw you come from a proud line of woman respecters https://t.co/XfOwwtqSX0
— Natalie Shure (@nataliesurely) December 4, 2018
According to Eric's father in 1994, "putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing." He realized his mom's "softness disappeared" when he overheard her taking charge. When they'd come home after work and "dinner's not ready, I go through the roof," so.. https://t.co/tyeQrLNAuQ https://t.co/vuGbeXt15b
— Emily Jane Fox (@emilyjanefox) December 4, 2018
Despite her husband’s criticisms of the president, Kellyanne Conway has become one of the most steadfast supporters of the president.
She also once attempt to go off-the-record to trash her husband in an interview.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).