- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? 4 Years Ago
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Today 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Today 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Today 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Today 12:22 PM
- How to watch Duke vs. Cal in the 2K Empire classic Today 12:09 PM
- Trump’s impeachment notes get riffed into punk songs Today 12:01 PM
- Pete Buttigieg can’t do the Pete Buttigieg dance Today 11:55 AM
- How a woman’s cold ‘rejection form’ text message became an ’emotional labor’ meme Today 11:52 AM
- How to watch Texas vs. Georgetown in the 2K Empire classic Today 11:40 AM
- Apple cancels premiere of original film ‘The Banker’ amid sexual abuse allegations Today 11:25 AM
- Congress passes bill to safeguard Hong Kong, protesters Today 11:15 AM
- Conquer Black Friday and Cyber Monday, whether you’re shopping online or IRL Today 10:40 AM
- #DeadUploadDay: YouTubers fight new rules for monetizing kids videos Today 10:39 AM
Trump supporters call to ‘shoot’ protester, light him ‘on fire’
‘I heard the N-word a couple of times.’
The mood turned ugly at a Donald Trump rally on Monday night as protesters repeatedly interrupted the Republican presidential frontrunner.
As one protester was forcibly removed from the Trump rally at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort, members of the crowd reportedly yelled racial epithets and Nazi slogans. One member of the crowd reportedly yelled “light the motherfucker on fire,” reports BuzzFeed News
Others yelled “Shoot him!” and “Kick his ass!” according to MSNBC. A man reportedly yelled “Seig heil!,” a salute from Nazi Germany, while another repeatedly said “He’s a Muslim,” in reference to the ejected protester.
The tense scene follows a week of controversy surrounding Trump, who on Dec. 7 called for the “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” in response to recent deadly terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California.
The protesters were reportedly objecting to Trump’s stances on Muslims. They were heard chanting “black lives matter,” and “Muslim lives matter,” before security guards removed them from the rally.
Ender Austin, the protester seen in the video, told BuzzFeed News that he and the other protesters came to the rally to “make sure that issues that matter to us were heard.”
“What concerns me is that people were yelling racial epithets and hateful things,” Austin said. “I heard the N-word a couple of times.”
In the week since Trump announced his proposed plans to limit travel for Muslims attempting to enter the U.S., the businessman’s support has risen to 38 percent among registered Republicans, according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll. Trump’s average national lead has also risen, according to Real Clear Politics poll averages, putting him at 16.9 points ahead of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who commands 16.1 percent support.
The Washington Post/ABC News poll also found that, while 60 percent of voters in both parties oppose Trump’s ban on Muslim travel into the U.S., more than half of Republican voters (59 percent) support the idea.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.