- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream 3 Years Ago
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies 3 Years Ago
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- 10 literary journalism classics that should be on your reading list Today 7:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
Trump supporters call to ‘shoot’ protester, light him ‘on fire’
‘I heard the N-word a couple of times.’
The mood turned ugly at a Donald Trump rally on Monday night as protesters repeatedly interrupted the Republican presidential frontrunner.
As one protester was forcibly removed from the Trump rally at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort, members of the crowd reportedly yelled racial epithets and Nazi slogans. One member of the crowd reportedly yelled “light the motherfucker on fire,” reports BuzzFeed News
Others yelled “Shoot him!” and “Kick his ass!” according to MSNBC. A man reportedly yelled “Seig heil!,” a salute from Nazi Germany, while another repeatedly said “He’s a Muslim,” in reference to the ejected protester.
The tense scene follows a week of controversy surrounding Trump, who on Dec. 7 called for the “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” in response to recent deadly terrorist attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, California.
The protesters were reportedly objecting to Trump’s stances on Muslims. They were heard chanting “black lives matter,” and “Muslim lives matter,” before security guards removed them from the rally.
Ender Austin, the protester seen in the video, told BuzzFeed News that he and the other protesters came to the rally to “make sure that issues that matter to us were heard.”
“What concerns me is that people were yelling racial epithets and hateful things,” Austin said. “I heard the N-word a couple of times.”
In the week since Trump announced his proposed plans to limit travel for Muslims attempting to enter the U.S., the businessman’s support has risen to 38 percent among registered Republicans, according to a new Washington Post/ABC News poll. Trump’s average national lead has also risen, according to Real Clear Politics poll averages, putting him at 16.9 points ahead of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who commands 16.1 percent support.
The Washington Post/ABC News poll also found that, while 60 percent of voters in both parties oppose Trump’s ban on Muslim travel into the U.S., more than half of Republican voters (59 percent) support the idea.
Andrew Couts is the former editor of Layer 8, a section dedicated to the intersection of the Internet and the state—and the gaps in between. Prior to the Daily Dot, Couts served as features editor and features writer for Digital Trends, associate editor of TheWeek.com, and associate editor at Maxim magazine. When he’s not working, Couts can be found hiking with his German shepherds or blasting around on motorcycles.