- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets 2 Months Ago
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
A lot of people aren’t happy Beto O’Rourke lost to Ted Cruz in Texas
Inter-American Dialogue/Flickr (CC-BY)
People had a lot of feelings.
O’Rourke, who raised an enormous amount of cash and drew national fixation, had clearly captured the hearts of people online. Many people made their thoughts known almost immediately after the race had been called.
The loss for the Democratic candidate was not met well on Twitter, though some people had hope about O’Rourke’s future.
Cruz over Beto O’Rourke? Really? Disgusting!
— Roxy 🌊 (@Roxygirl1960) November 7, 2018
A state that elects Ted Cruz fucking deserves him. I look forward to supporting Beto O'Rourke when he is eventually elected somewhere. #ElectionNight
— Brent Piaskoski (@BrentPiaskoski) November 7, 2018
the question to Texas isn’t why didn’t you vote for Beto O’Rourke… the real question is how tf could you vote for Ted Cruz again
— Bajo Stefano ㊼ (@blondedstefano) November 7, 2018
Live in MI but…. damn …..was praying for Texas to pull their heads out of their asses and vote the O'Rourke…..but no they choose the moron Cruz again. CRAP!!!!!!!
— Sylwia Tkaczyk (@Sylwia_T1) November 7, 2018
I truly do not understand how one can with good conscious can pick fucking ted cruz over Beto O’Rourke…. I don’t fucking get it
— claudz (@_Cloudia9G) November 7, 2018
— El Mantecas (@ascio619) November 7, 2018
me seeing that Cruz just beat MY MF MAN BETO O’ROURKE pic.twitter.com/wrxDjnpwkV
— e (@daoquon) November 7, 2018
i swear to FUCKING god is beto o’rourke doesnt get elected i will fist fight every person who voted for ted cruz
— turkeys are sad but i’m sadder (@janeejpg) November 7, 2018
Clearly people online had a candidate they wanted to see win.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).