- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish 8 Months Ago
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp 8 Months Ago
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it 8 Months Ago
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing 8 Months Ago
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
A lot of people aren’t happy Beto O’Rourke lost to Ted Cruz in Texas
Inter-American Dialogue/Flickr (CC-BY)
People had a lot of feelings.
O’Rourke, who raised an enormous amount of cash and drew national fixation, had clearly captured the hearts of people online. Many people made their thoughts known almost immediately after the race had been called.
The loss for the Democratic candidate was not met well on Twitter, though some people had hope about O’Rourke’s future.
A state that elects Ted Cruz fucking deserves him. I look forward to supporting Beto O'Rourke when he is eventually elected somewhere. #ElectionNight— Brent Piaskoski (@BrentPiaskoski) November 7, 2018
the question to Texas isn’t why didn’t you vote for Beto O’Rourke... the real question is how tf could you vote for Ted Cruz again— Bajo Stefano ㊼ (@blondedstefano) November 7, 2018
Live in MI but.... damn .....was praying for Texas to pull their heads out of their asses and vote the O'Rourke.....but no they choose the moron Cruz again. CRAP!!!!!!!— Sylwia Tkaczyk (@Sylwia_T1) November 7, 2018
I truly do not understand how one can with good conscious can pick fucking ted cruz over Beto O’Rourke.... I don’t fucking get it— claudz (@_Cloudia9G) November 7, 2018
me seeing that Cruz just beat MY MF MAN BETO O’ROURKE pic.twitter.com/wrxDjnpwkV— e (@daoquon) November 7, 2018
i swear to FUCKING god is beto o’rourke doesnt get elected i will fist fight every person who voted for ted cruz— turkeys are sad but i’m sadder (@janeejpg) November 7, 2018
Clearly people online had a candidate they wanted to see win.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).