- Devin Nunes is suing Twitter over parody accounts of his mom, cow Monday 8:15 PM
- The best new movies at SXSW 2019 Monday 7:55 PM
- #AbledsAreWeird demonstrates how not to treat people with disabilities Monday 7:33 PM
- YouTubers keep uploading racist meme anthem played by New Zealand shooter Monday 5:38 PM
- Myspace confirms that a decade-plus of user-uploaded music is gone Monday 5:03 PM
- ‘Love, Death & Robots’ suffers from blatant sexism Monday 4:38 PM
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’ Monday 4:07 PM
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content Monday 3:55 PM
- Trump retweeted a QAnon supporter during his Twitter bender Monday 1:24 PM
- Katrina Pierson supports Trump tweeting more about Fox than New Zealand shooting Monday 1:19 PM
- PewDiePie’s alt-right ties are impossible to ignore Monday 1:05 PM
- With this blade, I protect this meme Monday 12:48 PM
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post Monday 12:39 PM
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously Monday 12:10 PM
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Monday 11:32 AM
A lot of people aren’t happy Beto O’Rourke lost to Ted Cruz in Texas
Inter-American Dialogue/Flickr (CC-BY)
People had a lot of feelings.
O’Rourke, who raised an enormous amount of cash and drew national fixation, had clearly captured the hearts of people online. Many people made their thoughts known almost immediately after the race had been called.
The loss for the Democratic candidate was not met well on Twitter, though some people had hope about O’Rourke’s future.
Cruz over Beto O’Rourke? Really? Disgusting!
— Roxy 🌊 (@Roxygirl1960) November 7, 2018
A state that elects Ted Cruz fucking deserves him. I look forward to supporting Beto O'Rourke when he is eventually elected somewhere. #ElectionNight
— Brent Piaskoski (@BrentPiaskoski) November 7, 2018
the question to Texas isn’t why didn’t you vote for Beto O’Rourke… the real question is how tf could you vote for Ted Cruz again
— Bajo Stefano ㊼ (@blondedstefano) November 7, 2018
Live in MI but…. damn …..was praying for Texas to pull their heads out of their asses and vote the O'Rourke…..but no they choose the moron Cruz again. CRAP!!!!!!!
— Sylwia Tkaczyk (@Sylwia_T1) November 7, 2018
I truly do not understand how one can with good conscious can pick fucking ted cruz over Beto O’Rourke…. I don’t fucking get it
— claudz (@_Cloudia9G) November 7, 2018
— El Mantecas (@ascio619) November 7, 2018
me seeing that Cruz just beat MY MF MAN BETO O’ROURKE pic.twitter.com/wrxDjnpwkV
— e (@daoquon) November 7, 2018
i swear to FUCKING god is beto o’rourke doesnt get elected i will fist fight every person who voted for ted cruz
— turkeys are sad but i’m sadder (@janeejpg) November 7, 2018
Clearly people online had a candidate they wanted to see win.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).