- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments Today 8:47 AM
A lot of people aren’t happy Beto O’Rourke lost to Ted Cruz in Texas
Inter-American Dialogue/Flickr (CC-BY)
People had a lot of feelings.
O’Rourke, who raised an enormous amount of cash and drew national fixation, had clearly captured the hearts of people online. Many people made their thoughts known almost immediately after the race had been called.
The loss for the Democratic candidate was not met well on Twitter, though some people had hope about O’Rourke’s future.
A state that elects Ted Cruz fucking deserves him. I look forward to supporting Beto O'Rourke when he is eventually elected somewhere. #ElectionNight
— Brent Piaskoski (@BrentPiaskoski) November 7, 2018
the question to Texas isn’t why didn’t you vote for Beto O’Rourke… the real question is how tf could you vote for Ted Cruz again
— Bajo Stefano ㊼ (@blondedstefano) November 7, 2018
Live in MI but…. damn …..was praying for Texas to pull their heads out of their asses and vote the O'Rourke…..but no they choose the moron Cruz again. CRAP!!!!!!!
— Sylwia Tkaczyk (@Sylwia_T1) November 7, 2018
I truly do not understand how one can with good conscious can pick fucking ted cruz over Beto O’Rourke…. I don’t fucking get it
— claudz (@_Cloudia9G) November 7, 2018
— El Mantecas (@ascio619) November 7, 2018
me seeing that Cruz just beat MY MF MAN BETO O’ROURKE pic.twitter.com/wrxDjnpwkV
— e (@daoquon) November 7, 2018
i swear to FUCKING god is beto o’rourke doesnt get elected i will fist fight every person who voted for ted cruz
— turkeys are sad but i’m sadder (@janeejpg) November 7, 2018
Clearly people online had a candidate they wanted to see win.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).