- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
O’Rourke, who raised an enormous amount of cash and drew national fixation, had clearly captured the hearts of people online. Many people made their thoughts known almost immediately after the race had been called.
The loss for the Democratic candidate was not met well on Twitter, though some people had hope about O’Rourke’s future.
A state that elects Ted Cruz fucking deserves him. I look forward to supporting Beto O'Rourke when he is eventually elected somewhere. #ElectionNight— Brent Piaskoski (@BrentPiaskoski) November 7, 2018
the question to Texas isn’t why didn’t you vote for Beto O’Rourke... the real question is how tf could you vote for Ted Cruz again— Bajo Stefano ㊼ (@blondedstefano) November 7, 2018
Live in MI but.... damn .....was praying for Texas to pull their heads out of their asses and vote the O'Rourke.....but no they choose the moron Cruz again. CRAP!!!!!!!— Sylwia Tkaczyk (@Sylwia_T1) November 7, 2018
I truly do not understand how one can with good conscious can pick fucking ted cruz over Beto O’Rourke.... I don’t fucking get it— claudz (@_Cloudia9G) November 7, 2018
me seeing that Cruz just beat MY MF MAN BETO O’ROURKE pic.twitter.com/wrxDjnpwkV— e (@daoquon) November 7, 2018
i swear to FUCKING god is beto o’rourke doesnt get elected i will fist fight every person who voted for ted cruz— turkeys are sad but i’m sadder (@janeejpg) November 7, 2018
Clearly people online had a candidate they wanted to see win.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).