- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
As the race between Sen. Ted Cruz and challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke is staying tight, a ‘kid reporter’ from Texas explains why he doesn’t like O’Rourke.
Phoenix, who is seen wearing a fedora hat, explains to Fox News reporter Carley Shimkus that O’Rourke is too “far left” which doesn’t resonate with the entire Hispanic community.
“I think Beto thought he would have a big chance with the Hispanic voters, but I think he’s gone very far left, and my mom’s an immigrant from Nicaragua,” he said. “I’ve talked to a lot of people in the Hispanic community, and I think some of his values are something he’s running from.”
People on Twitter have said he looks like Matt Drudge, an American political commentator, for his white fedora hat.
Matt Drudge is a lot shorter than I imagined.
— MaTT FLaMMaBLe (@MaTTFLaMMaBLe) November 7, 2018
Matt Drudge cosplay.
— Aditya Sood (@adityasood) November 7, 2018
I believe that is actually Matt Drudge.
— jp (@jackpoo) November 7, 2018
Others are not so stoked.
well, it's going to be a long night: https://t.co/m529qubBAL
— Justin Peters (@justintrevett) November 7, 2018
Shimkus interviewed Phoneix outside of the “Fox Square,” a small plaza outside the Fox News building on 48th Street and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan, New York.
Instead of asking Phoneix why he thinks O’Rourke is bad, she has two words for him.
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.