- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Thursday 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Thursday 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Thursday 11:04 AM
As the race between Sen. Ted Cruz and challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke is staying tight, a ‘kid reporter’ from Texas explains why he doesn’t like O’Rourke.
Phoenix, who is seen wearing a fedora hat, explains to Fox News reporter Carley Shimkus that O’Rourke is too “far left” which doesn’t resonate with the entire Hispanic community.
“I think Beto thought he would have a big chance with the Hispanic voters, but I think he’s gone very far left, and my mom’s an immigrant from Nicaragua,” he said. “I’ve talked to a lot of people in the Hispanic community, and I think some of his values are something he’s running from.”
People on Twitter have said he looks like Matt Drudge, an American political commentator, for his white fedora hat.
Matt Drudge is a lot shorter than I imagined.
— MaTT FLaMMaBLe (@MaTTFLaMMaBLe) November 7, 2018
Matt Drudge cosplay.
— Aditya Sood (@adityasood) November 7, 2018
I believe that is actually Matt Drudge.
— jp (@jackpoo) November 7, 2018
Others are not so stoked.
well, it's going to be a long night: https://t.co/m529qubBAL
— Justin Peters (@justintrevett) November 7, 2018
Shimkus interviewed Phoneix outside of the “Fox Square,” a small plaza outside the Fox News building on 48th Street and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan, New York.
Instead of asking Phoneix why he thinks O’Rourke is bad, she has two words for him.
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.