- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can 8 Months Ago
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Today 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Today 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Today 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Today 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Today 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
As the race between Sen. Ted Cruz and challenger Rep. Beto O’Rourke is staying tight, a ‘kid reporter’ from Texas explains why he doesn’t like O’Rourke.
Phoenix, who is seen wearing a fedora hat, explains to Fox News reporter Carley Shimkus that O’Rourke is too “far left” which doesn’t resonate with the entire Hispanic community.
“I think Beto thought he would have a big chance with the Hispanic voters, but I think he’s gone very far left, and my mom’s an immigrant from Nicaragua,” he said. “I’ve talked to a lot of people in the Hispanic community, and I think some of his values are something he’s running from.”
People on Twitter have said he looks like Matt Drudge, an American political commentator, for his white fedora hat.
Matt Drudge is a lot shorter than I imagined.
— MaTT FLaMMaBLe (@MaTTFLaMMaBLe) November 7, 2018
Matt Drudge cosplay.
— Aditya Sood (@adityasood) November 7, 2018
I believe that is actually Matt Drudge.
— jp (@jackpoo) November 7, 2018
Others are not so stoked.
well, it's going to be a long night: https://t.co/m529qubBAL
— Justin Peters (@justintrevett) November 7, 2018
Shimkus interviewed Phoneix outside of the “Fox Square,” a small plaza outside the Fox News building on 48th Street and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan, New York.
Instead of asking Phoneix why he thinks O’Rourke is bad, she has two words for him.
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.