- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 6 Months Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference
Former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci waved the Q flag on Friday, according to POLITICO. Scaramucci was speaking at the American Priority Conference this weekend when he struck up a conversation with a Virginia couple in QAnon gear.
Scaramucci, apparently unaware that a reporter was nearby, told the couple that Q has “been dead accurate about so many things,” and that, “When you find out who he is, you’re not going to believe it.”
But when the reporter questioned him about the statements afterward, Scaramucci claimed that his comments were meant to refer to Trump’s next chief of staff and should be taken off the record.
It’s worth noting that Scaramucci was banned from the White House earlier this year; the likelihood of him having an inside scoop on staffing decisions is not high.
The couple, Kathy and Steve Miroy of Stafford, Virginia, later disputed Scaramucci’s story.
“He’s talking about Q,” they told POLITICO.
Scaramucci is just the latest political figure to get caught up in the QAnon firestorm. Last week, Vice President Mike Pence tweeted, and later deleted, a photo of him with a Florida police officer wearing a QAnon patch. And Trump himself hosted a QAnon devotee at the White House earlier this year.
Other speakers at the American Priority Conference included internet provocateurs Laura Loomer, Stefan Molyneaux, as well as George Papadopoulos, the Trump campaign aide who was recently released from prison after lying to the FBI.
- What is r/Conspiracy, Reddit’s biggest conspiracy theory forum?
- 10 surprising facts about Alex Jones, far-right conspiracy theorist
- What you should know about Jerome Corsi, right-wing conspiracy theorist
- 13 InfoWars conspiracy theories you won’t believe exist
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.