- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Today 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
A San Antonio woman is being treated for injuries after her date, whom she met on the dating app PlentyOfFish, stabbed her.
According to police, 47-year-old Claudia Martinez picked up the man in her car on Monday evening to spend the night with her at her apartment in northwest San Antonio. Around 1a.m. on Tuesday, an argument unfolded between the two of them, and police say the man grabbed a butcher knife from Martinez’s kitchen and stabbed her in the back.
When Martinez’s son heard her scream in pain and ran out to see what happened, he saw the knife sticking out of his mom’s back. The suspect reportedly then delivered what is perhaps the least believable lie in history, saying, “Your mom stabbed herself in the back!” Her son pushed the man out of the apartment and locked the door. Police say he fled on foot from her apartment and has not yet been caught. Martinez told the police that she’d known the man for only two days, and showed them his profile from PlentyOfFish.
Martinez was taken to the hospital with the knife still sticking out of her back, but she is out of surgery and reportedly expected to recover just fine.
“It’s OK to go to a dating site, just use precaution and be safe out there,” warned Jennifer Rodriguez, a spokesperson for the San Antonio Police Department, speaking to News 4 San Antonio.
Recent data revealed that 39 percent of straight couples and 65 percent of same-sex couples meet through online dating services.
- The look of violent men
- Facebook wants to connect me with my rapist
- What it’s like to work in the sex industry in the wake of #MeToo
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.