- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
A San Antonio woman is being treated for injuries after her date, whom she met on the dating app PlentyOfFish, stabbed her.
According to police, 47-year-old Claudia Martinez picked up the man in her car on Monday evening to spend the night with her at her apartment in northwest San Antonio. Around 1a.m. on Tuesday, an argument unfolded between the two of them, and police say the man grabbed a butcher knife from Martinez’s kitchen and stabbed her in the back.
When Martinez’s son heard her scream in pain and ran out to see what happened, he saw the knife sticking out of his mom’s back. The suspect reportedly then delivered what is perhaps the least believable lie in history, saying, “Your mom stabbed herself in the back!” Her son pushed the man out of the apartment and locked the door. Police say he fled on foot from her apartment and has not yet been caught. Martinez told the police that she’d known the man for only two days, and showed them his profile from PlentyOfFish.
Martinez was taken to the hospital with the knife still sticking out of her back, but she is out of surgery and reportedly expected to recover just fine.
“It’s OK to go to a dating site, just use precaution and be safe out there,” warned Jennifer Rodriguez, a spokesperson for the San Antonio Police Department, speaking to News 4 San Antonio.
Recent data revealed that 39 percent of straight couples and 65 percent of same-sex couples meet through online dating services.
- The look of violent men
- Facebook wants to connect me with my rapist
- What it’s like to work in the sex industry in the wake of #MeToo
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.