- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
Trump defends Bill O’Reilly against sexual assault allegations
President Donald Trump, who once bragged about grabbing women by the pussy, has come to the defense of Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, who reportedly paid $13 million in settlements to five women over sexual assault allegations.
Trump’s remarks came during an Oval Office interview about former Obama administration National Security Adviser Susan Rice and her role in incidental surveillance of Trump’s team, leading him to say how several media outlets refused to cover the controversy—except for Fox News and O’Reilly, whom the president went on to praise.
“I think he’s a person I know well—he is a good person,” Trump told the New York Times about O’Reilly. “I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled. Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”
Trump used similar language to defend Fox News founder Roger Ailes when he stepped down as chairman last year after multiple accusations of sexual assault. “It’s very sad because he’s a very good person,” Trump said of Ailes in July. “I’ve always found him to be just a very, very good person. And by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he’s done. So, I feel very badly.”
Ailes was just hit with another sexual harassment suit on Monday.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.