Tony Lopez/Instagram

TikTok star Tony Lopez accused of soliciting nudes from teens (updated)

Skincare company Bliss dropped its collaboration with the Hype House member.

Aug 23, 2020, 9:18 am*

IRL

 

Samantha Shaps

Skincare company Bliss has dropped its collaboration Tony Lopez in response to sexual harassment allegations against the TikTok star, Insider reports.

Featured Video Hide

After some expressed frustration with Bliss’ sponsorship of Lopez, the spa company commented on one of its recent videos, saying, “We take these accusations seriously and will not work w/ Tony Lopez going forward. We’re committed to working w/ partners who uphold our brand values.”

Advertisement Hide

Bliss did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.

Lopez, 21, has over 22 million TikTok followers and is a member of the Hype House, a mansion in California where various content creators and influencers work and collaborate.

Over the past few months, some have posted screenshots of Instagram and Snapchat messages between Lopez and underage girls.

Griffin Maxwell Brooks, a TikTok content creator, detailed an instance of Lopez sexually harassing a 15-year-old girl in a TikTok video, which was uploaded to Twitter by @defnoodles.

Advertisement Hide

After a user posted this video on one of Lopez’s tweets, Lopez hid the reply, according to Dexerto.

As more accusations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior with underage girls surfaced, many demanded a response from Lopez, but he has not addressed the allegations publicly.

https://twitter.com/gegecikk/status/1294180539134484480?s=20
Advertisement Hide

Some users also called for authorities to get involved, according to Dexerto.

https://twitter.com/ncim455/status/1293756036575162368?s=20

Twitter users called out Lopez earlier this summer for a July 2019 tweet that said, “ Goodnight to the girls that suck dick only,” Insider reported. Lopez apologized for the tweet, saying, “If I offended anyone I apologize deeply, it offends me reading those now as well. I know people are gonna keep talking about it.

Update 9:20pm CT, Aug. 23: Lopez addressed the allegations against him in a vague statement on Saturday. "I am not proud of my past choices and actions, and I am truly disappointed in myself. I am still new to the entertainment/ LA scene, and I am quickly learning that you can’t believe everything that you are told. Once I found out the truth I immediately stopped,” he wrote.

Advertisement Hide

He called his actions "extremely irresponsible."

"As a young man I will hold myself responsible for this mistake, rather than run from it. I will learn from it to better educate myself for now and future. I promise I will make better informed decisions," he wrote.

Lopez did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.

If you are a victim or survivor of sexual harassment or want more information on sexual harassment and resources, contact RAINN online or at 800.656.HOPE (4673).


Must-reads on the Daily Dot

Video: Pinkberry manager shuts down ‘Karen’ who demands refund every week
TikToker confronts a man for allegedly driving 50 mph with dog tied to his truck
‘Dismissed’: Cop threatening to detain TikToker gets shut down by colleague
‘Our kids are gonna be so emotionally scarred’: 7-year-old’s depressing Zoom school poem is too relatable

Advertisement Hide

H/T Insider

Share this article
*First Published: Aug 21, 2020, 1:38 pm