- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
Two transgender women were robbed at knifepoint after meeting a man through a dating app, LGBTQ Nation reports.
Police in Washington, D.C., are looking for a man who used the dating app Tagged to lure the women. The robber used a knife to take the first victim’s belongings and car on Oct. 7, according to police. Officials reportedly believe the same person is responsible for an additional Tagged-related robbery on Oct. 15, which left the victim with non-life threatening stab wounds.
MPD seeks the public's assistance in identifying a suspect in Carjacking and Robbery offenses that occurred in the Seventh District.— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) October 15, 2019
See press release here: https://t.co/dQzFur0Nl0
Have info? Call (202) 727-9099/text 50411 pic.twitter.com/VzYKHgXleW
Around a month ago, in an unrelated attack, D.C. police arrested a man who assaulted and robbed a transgender woman. The Washington Blade reports that a video surfaced of the suspect saying he hates trans women during the incident.
The American Medical Association has deemed the rise in violence against trans people an epidemic after the 18th transgender person was murdered this year, the New York Times reported in September.
Since then, three more trans people have been murdered in the U.S., according to the Human Rights Campaign. Commenters on Reddit were unsurprised by the most recent D.C. attacks.
“I don’t think anyone is surprised, unfortunately,” redditor tbmcmahan wrote.
Tagged, the dating app used in the October robberies, did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws
H/T LGBTQ Nation
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.