- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast 3 Months Ago
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
People are grossed out by a pregnancy announcement that many are comparing to The Handmaid’s Tale.
The woman featured in the announcement is seemingly pretending to be livestock as she peeps her head out of a cow insemination enclosure. The man in the photo is standing next to the enclosure and holding a sign that reads, “bred.” He is wearing a blue, plastic elbow-length glove, which is typically used to inseminate cattle.
Twitter user @Wolfrum shared the photo on Friday. Wolfrum captioned the photo, “The future conservatives want.”
The future conservatives want. pic.twitter.com/iBKIuaQnBQ— William K. Wolfrum (@Wolfrum) October 18, 2019
The photo also made its way to other social media sites. “I’m one more awkward pregnancy announcement away from declaring emancipation from the whole human race,” a Facebook user wrote, along with the photo.
I’m one more awkward pregnancy announcement away from declaring emancipation from the whole human race. 🤮🐄 🤢🤯🤮🖕🏻🤢🤦♀️🤢😱Posted by Crystal Winters on Friday, October 18, 2019
The announcement has prompted many disgusted reactions, with some explaining what the glove is used for.
“Sorry need to get this off of here,” Twitter user @BoltTheBee wrote, along with a meme of a woman scrubbing her laptop clean.
Is where they put cows for insemination. That's what the long rubber glove is for.— emigre80 (@emigre80) October 19, 2019
Please don't ask me to explain further.
artificial insemination with frozen bull sperm. interesting.— Rickster Rickster (@RicksterRicks) October 19, 2019
Super disgusting. Even for farmers.— Karen (@reinereignante) October 18, 2019
They prey check cows by sleeveing them so that’s why they did it like this lol— J$ (@mrs_jamison_) October 19, 2019
Gross but I guess they’re big cattle people
Many seemed to agree with Wolfrum’s “the future conservatives want” caption and drew comparisons to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale. “The Milkmaid’s Tale,” as one dubbed it.
In the Hulu series, fertile women are forced into sex slavery, and their sole purpose is to get pregnant and have children in Gilead.
“That feels like it could be from the more rural parts of Gilead in the Handmaid’s Tale universe,” Twitter user @jamesreb wrote.
The Milkmaid's Tale.— Jon French (@JonQFrench) October 18, 2019
That feels like it could be from the more rural parts of Gilead in the Handmaid's Tale universe.— James Reberry (@jamesreb) October 18, 2019
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque