- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Pastor Troy seems to think outfit selection is what makes or breaks getting a Grammy award. The Atlanta rapper took a dig a Lil Nas X, a two-time Grammy winner, on Instagram Wednesday.
At Sunday night’s Grammy Awards, Lil Nas sported an all-electric pink cowboy ensemble by Versace.
“Welp, Guess I won’t be winning a GRAMMY…If this what I gotta wear,” Troy wrote on Instagram, along with a photo of Lil Nas in the Grammys get-up.
The 20-year-old artist was nominated for six awards, and he took home two for “Old Town Road”: best music video and best pop duo/group performance.
Troy, 42, then continued his homophobic rant by alleging that LGBTQ people “love to push this shit on our kids” and something about Applebees being too gay for him.
People online were quick to point out that an outfit is not what’s stopping Troy from winning a Grammy–or even being nominated for one, for that matter.
Pastor Troy went on a long, homophobic rant & somehow convinced himself that it’s the reason why he doesn’t have a Grammy. pic.twitter.com/nM2ggnV7Yt— Ronald Isley (@yoyotrav) January 29, 2020
Yes Pastor Troy...the ONLY thing keeping u from a Grammy is an outfit pic.twitter.com/plOppHNJRW— MsSimplyFlyy😜 (@Ms_SimplyFlyy) January 29, 2020
Pastor Troy: “this is why i cant get a grammy”— Stushie (@Stushkaiser) January 29, 2020
Lil Nas saw a viral tweet featuring Troy’s post and responded beautifully.
“Damn i look good in that pic on god,” he wrote.
damn i look good in that pic on god https://t.co/dIIKzTFa6X— nope (@LilNasX) January 29, 2020
This isn’t the first time Lil Nas has had to defend himself against homophobic trolls. After some decided to make homophobic “Old Town Road” jokes when he came out in June of 2019, he tweeted that “‘Old Town Road’ is literally about horses.”
- Kevin Hart clashes with Lil Nas X over decision to come out
- Lil Nas X responds to homophobes in the most Lil Nas X way
- Lil Nas X says you missed all his clues about coming out
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.