- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Khloe Kardashian is facing backlash after posting an image to her Instagram Story apparently of a T-shirt that says to love people of different disenfranchisement, including “thy racist neighbor.”
A screenshot of the Story was reposted over the weekend to Twitter, where it went viral and was scrutinized by users.
“KHLOE KARDASHIAN REALLY OUT HERE SAYING LOVE YOUR RACIST NEIGHBOR ???? WHHHAAATTTTTT IS THIS IM SICK,” Twitter user @yaywestallen wrote in the caption of the photo.
KHLOE KARDASHIAN REALLY OUT HERE SAYING LOVE YOUR RACIST NEIGHBOR ???? WHHHAAATTTTTT IS THIS IM SICK pic.twitter.com/5RVAjehhcj— mel✨ (@yaywestallen) March 16, 2019
“I KNOW Khloe Kardashian didn’t just tell me to love my homeless neighbor and my racist neighbor all in one post,” said another commentator. “This year for real ain’t her year huh.”
i KNOW khloe kardashian didn’t just tell me to love my homeless neighbor and my racist neighbor all in one post…this year forreal ain’t her year huh pic.twitter.com/cf22src8ZT— ia (@jun4eva) March 16, 2019
People pointed out how strange it is that Kardashian would share the post considering that her daughter True is Black.
“Imagine having a Black daughter and saying ‘love thy racist neighbour,’ what (and I can’t stress this enough) the fuck,” one person wrote.
Imagine having a black daughter and saying “love thy racist neighbour”, what (and I can’t stress this enough) the fuck https://t.co/Wr6Kg68G7x— Kate (@katemoulesx) March 17, 2019
Others pointed out that the shirt is problematic regardless of her daughter.
“Actually daughter or not the whole idea of putting racists in the same category as gays, atheists and addicts??? I can’t with her,” another user said.
Actually daughter or not the whole idea of putting racists in the same category as gays, atheists and addicts??? I can’t with her— Kate (@katemoulesx) March 17, 2019
Kardashian has not commented publicly on the Instagram post following the backlash.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.