- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
Kim Kardashian shared a photo of the newest members of the Kardashian clan on Friday, prompting a conversation on social media about colorism following negative comments regarding Khloe Kardashian’s daughter.
💕 The Triplets 💕 pic.twitter.com/HUWgn02T2m— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) September 14, 2018
The photo, captioned “The Triplets,” features the infant daughters of Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, and Khloe Kardashian—Chicago West, Stormi Webster, and True Thompson, respectively. Shortly after the photo was shared to to Instagram and Twitter, users on both mediums began making nasty comments, ranking the children’s cuteness and commenting on True’s skin color.
People are fucking disgusting pic.twitter.com/6TYyxVREl9— (Read Bio) (@Ritawhoras) September 15, 2018
Chicago is first cutest kid of the bunch..— gorgeous 💎 (@kardash_stan) September 15, 2018
Stormi is second and True is third BUT they are ALL beautiful 💗
Many Kardashian fans expressed disgust and sympathy for Khloe Kardashian and True, who is only 5-months-old.
Khloe Kardashian is going to have a very hard time protecting her daughter from colorism and constant comparison to her fair skinned cousins. I really hope she can find the right way to do that. People are already being so cruel and True is still a baby.— Shi Bambino (@shishibaby) September 15, 2018
imagine calling a baby ugly like honestly IMAGINE SITTING AT HOME TROLLING A BABY ONLINE ON THE INTERNET AS AN ADULT https://t.co/n6hm7mqNdo— thomas halbert (@ThomasBeautyy) September 15, 2018
Some people even suggested that True’s darker complexion is due to Khloe Kardashian being the daughter of O.J. Simpson, a rumor the Kardashian sister has grown up with.
😍😍😍 this made me realize even more that oj is definitely khloe’s daddy. all the other kardashian kids ain’t this dark & they’re mixed too... true looks like this bc she a fully black dad & a mixed mom 🤓 https://t.co/rkZ5lhsx2d— pap ready. (@badgirlauryn) September 16, 2018
Khloe Kardashian has been the butt of jokes about her family resemblance for years, and the pattern seems to repeating itself with her daughter. While the new mother has not publicly acknowledged the latest banter about her daughter’s complexion, she did respond to a now-deleted tweet calling True “ugly” back in July.
“What self-respecting adult would even comment on a child’s appearance?” Kardashian wrote at the time. “It’s pathetic that you are this miserable in your life.”
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.