- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
Are you ready from some live tweeting?
The matchup comes to Twitter thanks to a partnership with Campus Insiders, an online platform for college sports, agreed to earlier this year that will place over 300 live college events from the Mountain West Conference, Patriot League, and West Coast Conference on Twitter.
“It’ll be trending on Twitter. Is that the right word?” Utah State coach Matt Wells said during a press conference on Monday.
“Hopefully there’s no hiccups on that streaming,” Wells said, noting it would be the first college football game to be streamed on Twitter. “It gets to be shown I guess nationwide, right?” he asked to the room of reporters. “That’ll be a neat deal.”
The game between the Utah State Aggies, a member of the Mountain West Conference, and Big Sky Conference’s Weber State Wildcats is set to kick off at 8pm EST on Twitter. The platform will also host its second game on Saturday when the Saturday when Mountain West Conference’s Air Force hosts Abilene Christian.
Neither game will be televised, but a spokesperson for Twitter told the Daily Dot the stream will be produced by Campus Insiders and broadcast by Twitter.
The company’s streaming platform has been put to use regularly in the last few months. Twitter has been broadcasting everything from tennis matches at Wimbledon to the Republican and Democratic national conventions.
The Thursday night showdown between the Division I schools will be an early test to Twitter’s plans to stream Thursday night NFL games. Earlier this year, the social network came to an agreement with the NFL to broadcast 10 regular season Thursday games.
The first professional game to be streamed on the platform will be the week two matchup on September 15, 2016 that will place the New York Jets in Buffalo to take on the Bills.
AJ Dellinger is a seasoned technology writer whose work has appeared in Digital Trends, International Business Times, and Newsweek. In 2018, he joined Gizmodo as the nights and weekend editor.