- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
The matchup comes to Twitter thanks to a partnership with Campus Insiders, an online platform for college sports, agreed to earlier this year that will place over 300 live college events from the Mountain West Conference, Patriot League, and West Coast Conference on Twitter.
“It’ll be trending on Twitter. Is that the right word?” Utah State coach Matt Wells said during a press conference on Monday.
“Hopefully there’s no hiccups on that streaming,” Wells said, noting it would be the first college football game to be streamed on Twitter. “It gets to be shown I guess nationwide, right?” he asked to the room of reporters. “That’ll be a neat deal.”
The game between the Utah State Aggies, a member of the Mountain West Conference, and Big Sky Conference’s Weber State Wildcats is set to kick off at 8pm EST on Twitter. The platform will also host its second game on Saturday when the Saturday when Mountain West Conference’s Air Force hosts Abilene Christian.
Neither game will be televised, but a spokesperson for Twitter told the Daily Dot the stream will be produced by Campus Insiders and broadcast by Twitter.
The company’s streaming platform has been put to use regularly in the last few months. Twitter has been broadcasting everything from tennis matches at Wimbledon to the Republican and Democratic national conventions.
The Thursday night showdown between the Division I schools will be an early test to Twitter’s plans to stream Thursday night NFL games. Earlier this year, the social network came to an agreement with the NFL to broadcast 10 regular season Thursday games.
The first professional game to be streamed on the platform will be the week two matchup on September 15, 2016 that will place the New York Jets in Buffalo to take on the Bills.
AJ Dellinger is a seasoned technology writer whose work has appeared in Digital Trends, International Business Times, and Newsweek. In 2018, he joined Gizmodo as the nights and weekend editor.