- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Are you ready from some live tweeting?
The matchup comes to Twitter thanks to a partnership with Campus Insiders, an online platform for college sports, agreed to earlier this year that will place over 300 live college events from the Mountain West Conference, Patriot League, and West Coast Conference on Twitter.
“It’ll be trending on Twitter. Is that the right word?” Utah State coach Matt Wells said during a press conference on Monday.
“Hopefully there’s no hiccups on that streaming,” Wells said, noting it would be the first college football game to be streamed on Twitter. “It gets to be shown I guess nationwide, right?” he asked to the room of reporters. “That’ll be a neat deal.”
The game between the Utah State Aggies, a member of the Mountain West Conference, and Big Sky Conference’s Weber State Wildcats is set to kick off at 8pm EST on Twitter. The platform will also host its second game on Saturday when the Saturday when Mountain West Conference’s Air Force hosts Abilene Christian.
Neither game will be televised, but a spokesperson for Twitter told the Daily Dot the stream will be produced by Campus Insiders and broadcast by Twitter.
The company’s streaming platform has been put to use regularly in the last few months. Twitter has been broadcasting everything from tennis matches at Wimbledon to the Republican and Democratic national conventions.
The Thursday night showdown between the Division I schools will be an early test to Twitter’s plans to stream Thursday night NFL games. Earlier this year, the social network came to an agreement with the NFL to broadcast 10 regular season Thursday games.
The first professional game to be streamed on the platform will be the week two matchup on September 15, 2016 that will place the New York Jets in Buffalo to take on the Bills.
AJ Dellinger is a seasoned technology writer whose work has appeared in Digital Trends, International Business Times, and Newsweek. In 2018, he joined Gizmodo as the nights and weekend editor.