- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ 1 Year Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
Forget about waiting for the Tesla electric pickup trunk—if you want to tow something heavy, apparently all you need is the Model X.
— Electrek.Co (@ElectrekCo) January 4, 2018
Yep, that’s Tesla’s version of an SUV casually pulling a semi truck. Up a hill. In a snowstorm.
5,000 lb towing limit, lol. Ben #ModelX #Tesla #TeslaSemi #Snow #DualMotor
Posted by Kyle Conner on Wednesday, January 3, 2018
According to Electrek, this occurred last week in Raleigh when a man named Ben Spreen pulled the truck up a hill so the semi could get better traction in the icy conditions. Much to the amazement of the videographer, it totally worked.
And apparently, it wasn’t remotely a problem for the Model X, which has a supposed towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
As Spreen wrote on Facebook, “No power limited at all. That really wasn’t hard on the car. I’ve driven it much harder without heat-soaking.”
While the display by the Model X is awfully impressive—it apparently impressed Musk, anyway—a Twitter jokester made a good point regarding Tesla’s issues with the slow pace in making the economic Model 3.
Maybe Tesla can use a Model X to pull Model 3s through the production line.
— Chris Wagner (@ChrisWagner8) January 5, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.