- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
This wall plug will make sure your router never needs restarting
This is such a good idea.
When your internet stops working, 90% of the time you know the solution. Stand up, go behind your desk—or wherever you keep your router—and turn that bad boy off and on again. Soon, however, this process could join the dial-up modem and Prodigy as a relic of the past. MutiNet’s ResetPlug wants to save you that precious time you spend getting up and resetting your router, so it’s going to do it for you.
ResetPlug is a smart wall plug accessory that connects to your Wi-FI network. When it detects that you’ve lost internet service, the plug resets your router or modem every five minutes until you regain internet services. Sit back and relax. Use the time to make a cup of coffee.
Oh, and prepare to get even more indignant when your ISP’s customer service tech asks if you’ve tried turning your modem off and on. Yes, random support person, we’ve used the internet at some point in the last ten years. Of course we’ve turned it off and on.
The ResetPlug will set you back $59.99 and can be ordered directly from MutiNet.
H/T The Verge
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.