- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved 2 Years Ago
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari 2 Years Ago
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series 2 Years Ago
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Today 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Today 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Today 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Today 2:45 PM
- Homophobic preacher wants Pete Buttigieg to renounce fisting and rimming Today 2:33 PM
- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal Today 12:36 PM
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice Today 12:07 PM
- ‘Rise of Skywalker’ first look reveals mysterious new characters Today 12:00 PM
- Meet the anti-choice, pro-NRA Trump supporter challenging Rep. Justin Amash Today 11:51 AM
- Moby attempts to prove he dated Natalie Portman with a shirtless photo Today 11:39 AM
- After feuding with James Charles, Tati Westbrook angers the YouTube community Today 11:06 AM
- Does Keri Russell’s ‘Rise of Skywalker’ character have an offensive name in Spanish? Today 10:59 AM
It’s rumored to launch July 31.
Reputable leaker Evan Blass posted an image to VentureBeat Monday of what he claims is the upcoming Nokia 8, the brand’s first flagship Android phone.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 17, 2017
As you can see, the phone sports a dual-lens camera with Carl Zeiss optics. That fits nicely with HMD’s announcement earlier this month that it would be reviving a partnership with Zeiss that dates back to the Windows Phone 7 days. The leaked device also looks a lot like the mysterious phone shown in a video posted by Blass in May.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 16, 2017
The rumored specs are right in line with what you’d expect from a modern-day flagship smartphone. The Nokia 8 is said to feature a 5.3-inch (2560×1440) display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor (the one that powers the Galaxy S8), 4 or 6GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and dual-SIM models.
Fingers crossed that the two rumored 13MP cameras on the back are as good as those of past Nokia devices. They might need to be considering the phone doesn’t look to sport the gorgeous infinity displays found on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6. It is, however, expected to run stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
The VentureBeat leak only shows the Nokia 8 in a stunning deep blue color. It is also expected to be available in silver and gold on its rumored July 31 release date.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.