- Here’s the best ‘Game of Thrones’ fanfiction 2 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
It’s rumored to launch July 31.
Reputable leaker Evan Blass posted an image to VentureBeat Monday of what he claims is the upcoming Nokia 8, the brand’s first flagship Android phone.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 17, 2017
As you can see, the phone sports a dual-lens camera with Carl Zeiss optics. That fits nicely with HMD’s announcement earlier this month that it would be reviving a partnership with Zeiss that dates back to the Windows Phone 7 days. The leaked device also looks a lot like the mysterious phone shown in a video posted by Blass in May.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 16, 2017
The rumored specs are right in line with what you’d expect from a modern-day flagship smartphone. The Nokia 8 is said to feature a 5.3-inch (2560×1440) display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor (the one that powers the Galaxy S8), 4 or 6GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and dual-SIM models.
Fingers crossed that the two rumored 13MP cameras on the back are as good as those of past Nokia devices. They might need to be considering the phone doesn’t look to sport the gorgeous infinity displays found on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6. It is, however, expected to run stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
The VentureBeat leak only shows the Nokia 8 in a stunning deep blue color. It is also expected to be available in silver and gold on its rumored July 31 release date.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.