- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Leaked video features this mysterious Nokia phone with dual-lens camera
HMD made a huge splash by redesigning the Nokia 3310, but it will need to pull some of that attention onto its upcoming flagship phones if it is going to be successful against the likes of the iPhone or Galaxy devices.
The new owners of the legendary label did released three new Android-powered smartphones at Mobile World Congress in February, but it still hasn’t revealed the flagship phone everyone has hoping for.
That is, until now.
A video discovered by reputable leaker Evan Blass (better known as @evleaks) appears to show an unannounced Nokia phone. The video was taken down, but the evidence remains.
This is the first time we have seen a Nokia phone with a dual-lens camera setup. It is a feature usually reserved for high-end devices, so there is a decent chance that what we’re looking at is the rumored Nokia 8 (or 9).
But before you get too excited, do note that the mysterious device doesn’t exactly stand out from the rest of the phones in the video. It doesn’t have the largest screen, or any interesting design elements, like an edge-to-edge display.
Nokia is expected to release at least three more phones this year, so we’ll just have to wait and see if the unknown cast member ends up being the 7, 8, or 9.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.