- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works 2 Years Ago
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl 2 Years Ago
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet 2 Years Ago
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard Today 9:25 AM
- Ted Cruz tries his ‘El Chapo’ Act again, to internet mockery Today 9:18 AM
- How to play the new ‘Tetris 99’ battle royale game on Nintendo Switch for free Today 9:12 AM
- ‘The Breaker Upperers’ is a quirky rom-com about friendship Today 8:54 AM
- Facebook faces pressure from Congress to reduce anti-vaccination exposure Today 8:40 AM
- How to stream Ergashev vs. Fox for free Today 8:00 AM
- How Netflix’s ‘Umbrella Academy’ found its eye-popping style Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Lorena’ deserves to be your new true crime obsession Today 7:00 AM
Leaked video features this mysterious Nokia phone with dual-lens camera
HMD made a huge splash by redesigning the Nokia 3310, but it will need to pull some of that attention onto its upcoming flagship phones if it is going to be successful against the likes of the iPhone or Galaxy devices.
The new owners of the legendary label did released three new Android-powered smartphones at Mobile World Congress in February, but it still hasn’t revealed the flagship phone everyone has hoping for.
That is, until now.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 16, 2017
A video discovered by reputable leaker Evan Blass (better known as @evleaks) appears to show an unannounced Nokia phone. The video was taken down, but the evidence remains.
This is the first time we have seen a Nokia phone with a dual-lens camera setup. It is a feature usually reserved for high-end devices, so there is a decent chance that what we’re looking at is the rumored Nokia 8 (or 9).
But before you get too excited, do note that the mysterious device doesn’t exactly stand out from the rest of the phones in the video. It doesn’t have the largest screen, or any interesting design elements, like an edge-to-edge display.
Nokia is expected to release at least three more phones this year, so we’ll just have to wait and see if the unknown cast member ends up being the 7, 8, or 9.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.