- Review: Mortal Kombat 11 is bloody brilliant 2 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
Leaked video features this mysterious Nokia phone with dual-lens camera
HMD made a huge splash by redesigning the Nokia 3310, but it will need to pull some of that attention onto its upcoming flagship phones if it is going to be successful against the likes of the iPhone or Galaxy devices.
The new owners of the legendary label did released three new Android-powered smartphones at Mobile World Congress in February, but it still hasn’t revealed the flagship phone everyone has hoping for.
That is, until now.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) May 16, 2017
A video discovered by reputable leaker Evan Blass (better known as @evleaks) appears to show an unannounced Nokia phone. The video was taken down, but the evidence remains.
This is the first time we have seen a Nokia phone with a dual-lens camera setup. It is a feature usually reserved for high-end devices, so there is a decent chance that what we’re looking at is the rumored Nokia 8 (or 9).
But before you get too excited, do note that the mysterious device doesn’t exactly stand out from the rest of the phones in the video. It doesn’t have the largest screen, or any interesting design elements, like an edge-to-edge display.
Nokia is expected to release at least three more phones this year, so we’ll just have to wait and see if the unknown cast member ends up being the 7, 8, or 9.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.