- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Cat-shaped egg-frying mold is what Kickstarter was built for
Let’s cut to the chase: You need this.
Unless you’re a perky morning person, waking up is a constant pain. Thanks to a group of geniuses, however, you’ll soon be able to start your day with eggs in the shape of a cat.
Egg Addiction, a San Francisco company that’s trying to make the world a better place one scrambled egg at a time, has launched a Kickstarter campaign for a kitchen gadget we didn’t know we needed: an egg mold that turns sunny-side-up eggs into a cute cat.
But it’s just an egg-shaper thing! you might be saying. Who would possibly want one of these? Well, for starters, everyone.
More than 1,500 cat lovers and breakfast fans thought that Egg Addiction’s product was a good enough investment to pre-order. The company easily surpassed its humble goal of $5,000. Backers of this kitty contraption have collectively shelled out more than $40,000 so far, and with 44 days left in the Kickstarter campaign, that will undoubtedly soar higher .
Egg Addition’s cat egg mold is BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and pretty easy to use. To make a kitty-side-up egg, place the mold into an oiled pan; separate the two yolks from the egg whites; drop them into the rings individually to make the eyes; and pour the rest into the remaining areas. It’s really not as complicated as it sounds.
You have until Nov. 13 to pre-order your very own cat egg mold. Pledge levels range from $12 to $55, and rewards include postcards and mini cat egg molds that can be used with quail eggs.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.