- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos 9 Months Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
We’ve now got a name for Apple‘s next iPhone and images to match. The follow-up to the iPhone X will be dubbed the iPhone XS, according to Apple blog 9to5Mac, which also got its hands on some iPhone XS photos and images of the new Apple Watch.
According to 9to5Mac, which obtained its iPhone XS photos thanks to the FCC, the OLED version of Apple’s next phone will come in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch variants. The iPhone XS will also come with a new gold color option. Apple is also expected to launch a third iPhone model, but this one will be cheaper, reportedly with aluminum edges instead of stainless steel and an LED display instead of OLED. It’ll come in several different colors and sport a 6.1-inch display.
— 9to5Mac (@9to5mac) August 30, 2018
That’s not all, however. We’ve also got a look at the new Apple Watch Series 4. The new Apple Watch features a larger edge-to-edge display—possibly 15 percent bigger than in the Series 3, thanks to a much smaller bezel around its sides. Its main watch face is also able to share a lot more information than before, with up to eight complications around its analog-style clock. It’s likely that Apple has multiple new watch faces to go alongside the new smartwatch.
Images of the Series 4 also show a new hole between the Digital Crown and the side button, which could be a new onboard mic for improved voice recognition. Those two side buttons also have a different look to their incarnations on previous Apple Watch models.
On Thursday, Apple sent out invites to its next media event. The launch event, which will see the debut of the new iPhone and likely the new Apple Watch as well, is set to take place Sept. 12 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
- How to access iCloud on iPhone, Mac, and Windows
- Google’s Project Fi is the best cellphone plan you’re not using
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.