- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Wednesday 12:24 PM
We’ve now got a name for Apple‘s next iPhone and images to match. The follow-up to the iPhone X will be dubbed the iPhone XS, according to Apple blog 9to5Mac, which also got its hands on some iPhone XS photos and images of the new Apple Watch.
According to 9to5Mac, which obtained its iPhone XS photos thanks to the FCC, the OLED version of Apple’s next phone will come in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch variants. The iPhone XS will also come with a new gold color option. Apple is also expected to launch a third iPhone model, but this one will be cheaper, reportedly with aluminum edges instead of stainless steel and an LED display instead of OLED. It’ll come in several different colors and sport a 6.1-inch display.
— 9to5Mac (@9to5mac) August 30, 2018
That’s not all, however. We’ve also got a look at the new Apple Watch Series 4. The new Apple Watch features a larger edge-to-edge display—possibly 15 percent bigger than in the Series 3, thanks to a much smaller bezel around its sides. Its main watch face is also able to share a lot more information than before, with up to eight complications around its analog-style clock. It’s likely that Apple has multiple new watch faces to go alongside the new smartwatch.
Images of the Series 4 also show a new hole between the Digital Crown and the side button, which could be a new onboard mic for improved voice recognition. Those two side buttons also have a different look to their incarnations on previous Apple Watch models.
On Thursday, Apple sent out invites to its next media event. The launch event, which will see the debut of the new iPhone and likely the new Apple Watch as well, is set to take place Sept. 12 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
- How to access iCloud on iPhone, Mac, and Windows
- Google’s Project Fi is the best cellphone plan you’re not using
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.