- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
We’ve now got a name for Apple‘s next iPhone and images to match. The follow-up to the iPhone X will be dubbed the iPhone XS, according to Apple blog 9to5Mac, which also got its hands on some iPhone XS photos and images of the new Apple Watch.
According to 9to5Mac, which obtained its iPhone XS photos thanks to the FCC, the OLED version of Apple’s next phone will come in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch variants. The iPhone XS will also come with a new gold color option. Apple is also expected to launch a third iPhone model, but this one will be cheaper, reportedly with aluminum edges instead of stainless steel and an LED display instead of OLED. It’ll come in several different colors and sport a 6.1-inch display.
That’s not all, however. We’ve also got a look at the new Apple Watch Series 4. The new Apple Watch features a larger edge-to-edge display—possibly 15 percent bigger than in the Series 3, thanks to a much smaller bezel around its sides. Its main watch face is also able to share a lot more information than before, with up to eight complications around its analog-style clock. It’s likely that Apple has multiple new watch faces to go alongside the new smartwatch.
Images of the Series 4 also show a new hole between the Digital Crown and the side button, which could be a new onboard mic for improved voice recognition. Those two side buttons also have a different look to their incarnations on previous Apple Watch models.
On Thursday, Apple sent out invites to its next media event. The launch event, which will see the debut of the new iPhone and likely the new Apple Watch as well, is set to take place Sept. 12 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
- The simple trick to using screen recording in iOS 11
- How to access iCloud on iPhone, Mac, and Windows
- Google’s Project Fi is the best cellphone plan you’re not using
Christina Bonnington is a tech reporter who specializes in consumer gadgets, apps, and the trends shaping the technology industry. Her work has also appeared in Gizmodo, Wired, Refinery29, Slate, Bicycling, and Outside Magazine. She is based in the San Francisco Bay Area and has a background in electrical engineering.