- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone charges 5 Years Ago
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
HP is creating a ‘luxury’ smartwatch
Well, this is unexpected.
If I asked you to name 10 companies you thought could make a beautiful, elegant smartwatch, HP would probably not be in the top 20. Apparently HP understood that as well, so they left the design up to fashion designer Michael Bastian, and the outcome looks to be the most appealing smartwatch to date.
HP realized that it would need some assistance to design a high-end smartwatch, so it reached out to online retailer Gilt, which brought in Michael Bastian to work on the design, according to Fashionista. HP engineered the still-unnamed smartwatch, which will sync with an app on Android and iOS giving you access to basic features like checking the weather and receive notifications.
The app will also allow you to change the interface and modes of the watch, which is aimed for the luxury market. Bastian designed the smartwatch—which comes in a 44mm stainless steel case—using inspiration from the interior of luxury cars.
The smartwatch is slated to be available this fall exclusively on Gilt, with your choice of a black rubber, brown leather, or olive green nylon band. You will also be able to purchase a limited-edition, all-black version of the still unpriced smartwatch.
H/T Hypebeast | Photos via Gilt and Fashionista
Micah Singleton is a former technology and culture reporter of the Daily Dot and a former staff writer at Gizmodo. His work has also appeared in Time, Yahoo, the Verge, Mashable, ReadWrite, and NBC. Singleton was named a "rising star" by the Huffington Post in 2013.