- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money 5 Years Ago
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle 5 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
HP is creating a ‘luxury’ smartwatch
Well, this is unexpected.
If I asked you to name 10 companies you thought could make a beautiful, elegant smartwatch, HP would probably not be in the top 20. Apparently HP understood that as well, so they left the design up to fashion designer Michael Bastian, and the outcome looks to be the most appealing smartwatch to date.
HP realized that it would need some assistance to design a high-end smartwatch, so it reached out to online retailer Gilt, which brought in Michael Bastian to work on the design, according to Fashionista. HP engineered the still-unnamed smartwatch, which will sync with an app on Android and iOS giving you access to basic features like checking the weather and receive notifications.
The app will also allow you to change the interface and modes of the watch, which is aimed for the luxury market. Bastian designed the smartwatch—which comes in a 44mm stainless steel case—using inspiration from the interior of luxury cars.
The smartwatch is slated to be available this fall exclusively on Gilt, with your choice of a black rubber, brown leather, or olive green nylon band. You will also be able to purchase a limited-edition, all-black version of the still unpriced smartwatch.
H/T Hypebeast | Photos via Gilt and Fashionista
Micah Singleton is a former technology and culture reporter of the Daily Dot and a former staff writer at Gizmodo. His work has also appeared in Time, Yahoo, the Verge, Mashable, ReadWrite, and NBC. Singleton was named a "rising star" by the Huffington Post in 2013.