- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
It should surprise no one that Instagram saves its users’ search history. If that concerns you for any reason, then there is a way to delete it forever. Whether you’re using the mobile platform or via a desktop browser, here’s how you can clear search history on Instagram.
How to clear search history on Instagram
On the iOS and Android Instagram app, the speedy way to get rid of your searches is to tap the profile icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
Next, tap the three lines (or hamburger) menu option at the top right of your screen. Then look for the cog-shaped “Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen and hit that.
From here, select “Security” then “Clear Search History.”
Boom! No one will ever know how many times you’ve looked up #catsonglasstables.
How to view your Instagram search history
If you’re using the app and would like to see your search history before deleting it, follow the previous instructions to head to your profile, select the hamburger menu, then Settings, then Security, then “Access Data.”
Scroll down and under “Account Activity” you will see the ability to “View All,” which will reveal your search history.
From the “View All” screen, you will also see the option to clear your history.
How to delete your Instagram search history via desktop browser
The process of deleting your previous searches is just as simple from your desktop browser.
Head to Instagram.com and sign in. Click the profile icon at the top right of your screen, then select the Settings cog.
Choose “Privacy and Security.” Scroll down until you see the “Account Data” option and select “View Account Data.”
Under “Account Activity,” you’ll see the option to “View all” of your search history. Click on this, then “Clear Search History.” You’ll then see a pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to clear it. Hit “Yes, I’m sure” and you’re all clear.
And just like that, your Insta secrets are safe forever.
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.