- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers 3 Months Ago
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme 3 Months Ago
- Edward Snowden says 9/11 could have been stopped on Joe Rogan podcast 3 Months Ago
- TikTok releases safety videos 3 Months Ago
- Instagram to label fake news as ‘False Information’ 3 Months Ago
- A handy guide to deciding which VSCO filter your photo needs Today 12:35 PM
- Mom calls out teacher for painting fake bullet wound on her son’s face Today 12:04 PM
- It’s time to find the right router for your home Today 11:54 AM
- Matt Gaetz attempts to storm impeachment hearing with a phalanx of elderly white men Today 11:17 AM
- Maxine Waters rips into Zuckerberg during Libra hearing Today 11:05 AM
- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy Today 10:43 AM
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
It should surprise no one that Instagram saves its users’ search history. If that concerns you for any reason, then there is a way to delete it forever. Whether you’re using the mobile platform or via a desktop browser, here’s how you can clear search history on Instagram.
How to clear search history on Instagram
On the iOS and Android Instagram app, the speedy way to get rid of your searches is to tap the profile icon at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
Next, tap the three lines (or hamburger) menu option at the top right of your screen. Then look for the cog-shaped “Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen and hit that.
From here, select “Security” then “Clear Search History.”
Boom! No one will ever know how many times you’ve looked up #catsonglasstables.
How to view your Instagram search history
If you’re using the app and would like to see your search history before deleting it, follow the previous instructions to head to your profile, select the hamburger menu, then Settings, then Security, then “Access Data.”
Scroll down and under “Account Activity” you will see the ability to “View All,” which will reveal your search history.
From the “View All” screen, you will also see the option to clear your history.
How to delete your Instagram search history via desktop browser
The process of deleting your previous searches is just as simple from your desktop browser.
Head to Instagram.com and sign in. Click the profile icon at the top right of your screen, then select the Settings cog.
Choose “Privacy and Security.” Scroll down until you see the “Account Data” option and select “View Account Data.”
Under “Account Activity,” you’ll see the option to “View all” of your search history. Click on this, then “Clear Search History.” You’ll then see a pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to clear it. Hit “Yes, I’m sure” and you’re all clear.
And just like that, your Insta secrets are safe forever.
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.