- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy 2 Years Ago
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
Google Maps now lets you track and share your favorite spots with Lists
Google Maps wants to help you keep track of all the awesome places you’ve visited, or hope to visit. With a new Lists feature rolling out today for iOS and Android, you can keep an organized list of your favorite must-see tourist spots, restaurants, or hiking destinations, and then easily share them with friends.
With other apps such as Airbnb expanding into flights and experiences, Lists is an easy way Google Maps can better aid you while you’re traveling. Instead of hopping from app to app to check where you should head next, you can simply pull up a List to see what’s near you (given you’ve done some research beforehand), and get directions to that spot. It could also be useful if you need to break out of a restaurant rut, or if you’re giving advice to friends who are visiting an area you’re familiar with. Sharing a link to a Google Maps list you’ve made could be a lot more helpful than just shooting over a bunch of random Yelp links.
To create a list, head to the Google Maps app, find a place (whether it’s a business or a destination), and tap the Save icon. You can then store that location in one of a few preset lists, such as “Favorites” and “Want to go,” or you can add it to a new list of your choosing.
To peruse items you’ve saved to your lists, tap on “Your Places” in the Google Maps side menu, then tap the Saved tab. From there, any place you’ve saved to a list will show up as an icon on your map, which should make it easier to check if you’re near any cool spots you’ve been meaning to check out.
If you want to share a list with a friend or family member, you can just tap the share button to send them a link. Lists are viewable on mobile and desktop, and can be made public or private.