- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled 2 Years Ago
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Today 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Today 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
Google Maps now lets you track and share your favorite spots with Lists
Google Maps wants to help you keep track of all the awesome places you’ve visited, or hope to visit. With a new Lists feature rolling out today for iOS and Android, you can keep an organized list of your favorite must-see tourist spots, restaurants, or hiking destinations, and then easily share them with friends.
With other apps such as Airbnb expanding into flights and experiences, Lists is an easy way Google Maps can better aid you while you’re traveling. Instead of hopping from app to app to check where you should head next, you can simply pull up a List to see what’s near you (given you’ve done some research beforehand), and get directions to that spot. It could also be useful if you need to break out of a restaurant rut, or if you’re giving advice to friends who are visiting an area you’re familiar with. Sharing a link to a Google Maps list you’ve made could be a lot more helpful than just shooting over a bunch of random Yelp links.
To create a list, head to the Google Maps app, find a place (whether it’s a business or a destination), and tap the Save icon. You can then store that location in one of a few preset lists, such as “Favorites” and “Want to go,” or you can add it to a new list of your choosing.
To peruse items you’ve saved to your lists, tap on “Your Places” in the Google Maps side menu, then tap the Saved tab. From there, any place you’ve saved to a list will show up as an icon on your map, which should make it easier to check if you’re near any cool spots you’ve been meaning to check out.
If you want to share a list with a friend or family member, you can just tap the share button to send them a link. Lists are viewable on mobile and desktop, and can be made public or private.