- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
Apple to unveil new iPads, release OS X Yosemite on Oct. 21
Time for round two.
On the heels of announcing two new iPhones and teasing the Apple Watch, Apple has a bit more to say. The company is planning to hold its next event on Oct. 21, where it will unveil two new iPads and announce the release of OS X Yosemite, the next version of its Mac operating system, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Apple plans to unveil the sixth generation of its iPad and the third edition of iPad mini during the event. OS X Yosemite, a complete visual overhaul for the Mac, is slated to be released immediately after the event.
Last year, Apple held an event on Oct. 22, where it announced the iPad Air, second generation iPad mini, and released OS X Mavericks.
Apple will release the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19.
Correction: Apple has sent out invites to a press event on Oct. 16. We regret the error.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Micah Singleton is a former technology and culture reporter of the Daily Dot and a former staff writer at Gizmodo. His work has also appeared in Time, Yahoo, the Verge, Mashable, ReadWrite, and NBC. Singleton was named a "rising star" by the Huffington Post in 2013.