- Patrick Stewart invited Whoopi Goldberg to join ‘Star Trek: Picard’ season 2 5 Years Ago
- Dolly Parton inspires ‘LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder’ meme 5 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 1 recap: A glimpse into a troubled future 5 Years Ago
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ movie in the works with new screenwriter Today 7:11 AM
- Fortune Feimster embraces the past and present in celebratory ‘Sweet & Salty’ Today 7:00 AM
- Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ is a triumphant return for Patrick Stewart Today 5:00 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
Apple to unveil new iPads, release OS X Yosemite on Oct. 21
Time for round two.
On the heels of announcing two new iPhones and teasing the Apple Watch, Apple has a bit more to say. The company is planning to hold its next event on Oct. 21, where it will unveil two new iPads and announce the release of OS X Yosemite, the next version of its Mac operating system, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Apple plans to unveil the sixth generation of its iPad and the third edition of iPad mini during the event. OS X Yosemite, a complete visual overhaul for the Mac, is slated to be released immediately after the event.
Last year, Apple held an event on Oct. 22, where it announced the iPad Air, second generation iPad mini, and released OS X Mavericks.
Apple will release the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19.
Correction: Apple has sent out invites to a press event on Oct. 16. We regret the error.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Micah Singleton is a former technology and culture reporter of the Daily Dot and a former staff writer at Gizmodo. His work has also appeared in Time, Yahoo, the Verge, Mashable, ReadWrite, and NBC. Singleton was named a "rising star" by the Huffington Post in 2013.