Flikli's retro video game-style Olympic animation is bleep-blooping its way around the web.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Do real name policies actually improve comments? Evidence from South Korea suggests they don’t.
- HyperVocal collects the best tweets from the best Olympics parody account, @NBCDelayed.
- Starting Tuesday, you’ll be able to video chat via Google+ Hangouts from within Gmail.
- Digg has returned from its hiatus with a brand-new design and a new algorithm that takes other social networks into account.
- Google Street View: now available in ASCII.
- Bieber and Gaga may rule Twitter, but the most-liked human being on Facebook is Eminem. The only things more popular than the rapper are YouTube, Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, and Facebook itself.
Above: The animators at Flikli.com present the 8-bit Olympic Games
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
'Firefly' stars are crowdfunding a webseries about a canceled cult sci-fi show
It is a truth universally acknowledged that Firefly fans will never, ever get over the cancellation of Firefly . The Joss Whedon -helmed sci-fi darling is the ultimate geek lost cause, a series fans are forever, fruitlessly, hoping to revive.
'Kill the Baby' is the best webseries about the futile horrors of child rearing
Heaven forbid that I am seen to endorse the murder of our species' newest members but babies can be pretty annoying. Expensive, crying all the time, keeping crackhead hours, and obeying a loose philosophy regarding waste management—if it weren't for the familial bond there's a good chance they'd just be left where they dropped.