- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 12 Months Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 12 Months Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 12 Months Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 12 Months Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ 12 Months Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
William Daniels, who’s known for playing the beloved Mr. Feeny on Boy Meets World, fended off a burglar who tried to break into his Los Angeles home over the weekend, BuzzFeed News reports. News of the actor’s swift defense was met with praise on Twitter, as well as relief that news about the 91-year-old wasn’t more grim.
Los Angeles police responded to a call Saturday evening about an intruder at Daniels’ house. He and his wife were reportedly both home during the incident.
Daniels’ publicist said in a statement to ABC7 that Daniels acted fast, turning on lights in the house and scaring away the would-be burglar who had tried to break in through the back door.
“Luckily, Mr. Daniels was able to frighten away the person, and the LAPD quickly responded,” the publicist said. “They are both well. Mr. Daniels thanks all his fans for their concern.”
As of Tuesday evening, the LAPD had not apprehended a suspect. According to ABC7, police did not believe the couple was targeted.
Others on Twitter celebrated Daniels’ foil of the burglary attempt—and the fact that headlines about the elderly actor weren’t pronouncing his death.
Y’ALL OUT HERE TRYING TO ROB MR. FEENY?!?!?! https://t.co/jxeX9HvLXy— jab baby. 🇬🇩🖤⛓ (@mminthecity) October 30, 2018
A pox on the house of the person who tried to rob Mr. Feeny! https://t.co/D0z9TJrh8G— 🆃🆁🆄🅳🆈 (@thetrudz) October 30, 2018
Oh, you know that burglar that the sternest talking to.— Sugar, Water, Purple (@TheArnold_SoM) October 30, 2018
Hell yea, Mr. Feeny. https://t.co/svo9JJc440
Imagine trying to rob someone’s home only to get folded up by Mr. Feeny https://t.co/DkY1zXnGvU— Kazeem Famuyide (@RealLifeKaz) October 30, 2018
BURGLAR [jittery hand gripping gun]: j-just give me the money— Mike Tunison (@xmasape) October 30, 2018
DANIELS: The way you're holding that gun sideways... you're a '90s kid, aren't you?
BURGLAR: no nonono
DANIELS: now you wouldn't shoot old Mr. Feeny...
BURGLAR: ack nostalgia RIGHT IN THE FEELS https://t.co/uGyzV0DbOD
oh thank god, i read the first eight words thinking mr. feeny died, then continued to find out that he's still a goddamn badass. https://t.co/cJtuPrIH5r— siraj hashmi (@SirajAHashmi) October 30, 2018
Will Friedle, who played Eric Matthews on Boy Meets World, also chimed in with a tweet: “Don’t ever mess with Mr. Feeny! #LoveYouBillAndBonnie.”
- Kanye West says he’s taking a break from politics—and Twitter says it’s too late
- YouTuber Jeffree Star destroys Louis Vuitton bag for Halloween—to the internet’s dismay
- Pharrell is upset Trump played ‘Happy’ at a rally after Pittsburgh
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.