- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo 10 Months Ago
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
If you’re an average person, you might make a Halloween costume out of fabric you buy at a crafts store, or you could create something out of what you find around your house. If you’re YouTuber Jeffree Star, you do something a little different—like produce your Halloween costume out of a designer handbag that costs thousands of dollars.
In a new video, the beauty vlogger introduces makeup artist Cole Carrigan, who helps create Starr’s costume. Basically, he becomes a hybrid human-handbag with blood all over his body. In essence, Starr is either becoming a Louis Vuitton handbag or he’s breaking out of one.
The end result looks lifelike (and, frankly, pretty darn cool), but people weren’t necessarily happy at the YouTubers’ wasteful ways, especially when it came to such an expensive item that is a stretch for many peoples’ budgets.
Clearly, neither vlogger was impressed by the design or the quality of the Louis Vuitton product before they began snipping away.
“Jeffree went to the Louis store, and they said, ‘Why the fuck are you buying this ugly-ass bag,’” Carrigan said. “And he said, ‘We’re cutting it up for a video.’” Starr also referred to another Louis Vuitton bag as “hideous.”
Then, they began the destruction. Watch below if you dare, but be forewarned: At one point, the bag actually fights back against Starr.
This is not the first time Starr has destroyed an expensive bag for his YouTube channel, which has 11 million subscribers. As he pointed out, he sawed a Chanel bag in half last year, and “the internet went fucking nuts. It’s my money, and I’m going to do whatever I want.”
But he also made sure to note that “this is for art and this is for fun” and that he had actually purchased the cheapest bag in the store.
Still, people were upset at their callous attitude.
I love Jeffree but him wasting money like that makes me a little sad. The amount of money he spent on this bag he is about to destroy could literally make a big difference in some people’s lives.— Jasmin (@JasminRicard) October 27, 2018
*cries in broke bitch*— lex (@jakechillenhaaI) October 27, 2018
That costs more than my entire life.— Sydney (@sydneynoellem) October 27, 2018
Casually cutting up a whole quarter of tuition pic.twitter.com/Zoz0QPOvNf— OLIVIA (@HerndonOlivia) October 27, 2018
I’m calling the cops— supercellular (@HOLYCHELSEY) October 27, 2018
Or as one YouTube commenter wrote, “jeffree star making everyone feel poor for 30 mins straight part 283.”
H/T We the Unicorns
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.