- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Monday 10:29 AM
Psst: Vanessa Hudgens is playing role-swapping twins in a Netflix Christmas movie
Netflix released a trailer Wednesday for its latest Hallmark-esque Christmas movie, The Princess Switch, and people on Twitter are freaking out. Vanessa Hudgens plays two different characters—a Chicago baker entering a baking competition in the fictional country of Belgravia and the princess of that country.
The lookalike princess and baker naturally decide to switch places and end up falling for each other’s respective men. The whole thing sounds incredibly cheesy and wonderful.
People on Twitter are absolutely thrilled to see Hudgens going back to her roots of wholesome TV movies. One person even pointed out she looks similar to her character from High School Musical.
“She literally looks like Gabriella from HSM with the outfit what even,” they wrote.
SHE LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE GABRIELLA FROM THE FIRST HSM WITH THE OUTFIT WHAT EVEN
— Megan (@LiveLoveJelena) November 7, 2018
Others said the plot reminds them of another Disney movie. “Vanessa Hudgens’ new Netflix holiday movie, ‘The Christmas Switch,’ sounds like the 2000 Justin Timberlake-Maggie Lawson classic TV film, ‘Model Behavior.’ Except with royalty. And Christmas,” one person wrote. “Bless you, Netflix.”
Vanessa Hudgens’ new Netflix holiday movie, #TheChristmasSwitch, sounds like the 2000 Justin Timberlake-Maggie Lawson classic TV film, “Model Behavior.” Except with royalty. And Christmas.
Bless you, Netflix. pic.twitter.com/USFKbTCKbU
— Philiana Ng (@insidethetube) November 7, 2018
Most people are just excited that another Netflix Christmas movie has been added to the lineup. “If Netflix thinks I’m gonna spend a night watching cheesy Christmas movies in November then THEY’RE FUCKING RIGHT!” someone on Twitter said.
If Netflix thinks I'm gonna spend a night watching cheesy Christmas movies in November then THEY'RE FUCKING RIGHT! pic.twitter.com/X5O67kcZ61
— Lyra 🏳️🌈✍️ (@TheAltSource) November 7, 2018
“Patiently waiting for Vanessa HudgesNetflixx original movie ‘the princess switch,'” another person wrote.
patiently waiting for vanessa hudges netflix original movie 'the princess switch' @VanessaHudgens
— Frances (@rainydaysssss) November 7, 2018
Luckily, fans won’t have to wait long. Get your blankets and popcorn ready—The Princess Switch hits Netflix on Nov. 16.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.