- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Psst: Vanessa Hudgens is playing role-swapping twins in a Netflix Christmas movie
Netflix released a trailer Wednesday for its latest Hallmark-esque Christmas movie, The Princess Switch, and people on Twitter are freaking out. Vanessa Hudgens plays two different characters—a Chicago baker entering a baking competition in the fictional country of Belgravia and the princess of that country.
The lookalike princess and baker naturally decide to switch places and end up falling for each other’s respective men. The whole thing sounds incredibly cheesy and wonderful.
People on Twitter are absolutely thrilled to see Hudgens going back to her roots of wholesome TV movies. One person even pointed out she looks similar to her character from High School Musical.
“She literally looks like Gabriella from HSM with the outfit what even,” they wrote.
SHE LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE GABRIELLA FROM THE FIRST HSM WITH THE OUTFIT WHAT EVEN
— Megan (@LiveLoveJelena) November 7, 2018
Others said the plot reminds them of another Disney movie. “Vanessa Hudgens’ new Netflix holiday movie, ‘The Christmas Switch,’ sounds like the 2000 Justin Timberlake-Maggie Lawson classic TV film, ‘Model Behavior.’ Except with royalty. And Christmas,” one person wrote. “Bless you, Netflix.”
Vanessa Hudgens’ new Netflix holiday movie, #TheChristmasSwitch, sounds like the 2000 Justin Timberlake-Maggie Lawson classic TV film, “Model Behavior.” Except with royalty. And Christmas.
Bless you, Netflix. pic.twitter.com/USFKbTCKbU
— Philiana Ng (@insidethetube) November 7, 2018
Most people are just excited that another Netflix Christmas movie has been added to the lineup. “If Netflix thinks I’m gonna spend a night watching cheesy Christmas movies in November then THEY’RE FUCKING RIGHT!” someone on Twitter said.
If Netflix thinks I'm gonna spend a night watching cheesy Christmas movies in November then THEY'RE FUCKING RIGHT! pic.twitter.com/X5O67kcZ61
— ❄️ Lyra 🏳️🌈 (@TheAltSource) November 7, 2018
“Patiently waiting for Vanessa HudgesNetflixx original movie ‘the princess switch,'” another person wrote.
patiently waiting for vanessa hudges netflix original movie 'the princess switch' @VanessaHudgens
— Frances (@rainydaysssss) November 7, 2018
Luckily, fans won’t have to wait long. Get your blankets and popcorn ready—The Princess Switch hits Netflix on Nov. 16.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.