- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Kanye hired Kenny G to play jazz amid a sea of roses for Valentine’s Day—and it’s a meme
It will come as no surprise that Kanye West went all out for Kim Kardashian’s Valentine’s Day present this year.
“NO BIG DEAL KENNY G IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!” Kardashian tweeted Thursday. The accompanying video showed famed saxophonist Kenny G apparently trapped in a land mine of roses in vases while he played jazz in the Kardashian-West household.
The clip begs a few questions: Did Kenny G have to stand there while the roses were placed? Or did he tip-toe carefully around them to get to that spot? And if that’s the living room, where is the furniture?
But those are minor details, and the real story here is that West’s grand Valentine’s gesture puts any of your romantic holiday plans to shame. And of course, the whole ordeal has inspired memes and jokes on Twitter.
if it's just Kenny G in ur house and all the furniture is gone, that's a break in— Vanessa Golembewski (@vgolembewski) February 14, 2019
Kanye West’s gift to his wife was to capture Kenny G and hold him in a room of their house. He is forbidden from taking breaks and must remain standing, playing his romantic sax. If even a single vase of roses is overturned, an alarm will sound... pic.twitter.com/rpPGTq8yZz— simone norman (@whysimonewhy) February 14, 2019
You might be romantic but you’ll never be Kanye filling a room with roses and actual Kenny G romantic https://t.co/aqE23Z89IW— Bruno Major (@MrBrunoMajor) February 14, 2019
This reaction shot of West is particularly hilarious. Seriously, what’s he thinking?
when you're only 80% sure you hired Kenny G to come to the house but ok pic.twitter.com/fOQQvLISY5— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) February 14, 2019
Please just tell us Kenny G is OK.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.