- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Kanye hired Kenny G to play jazz amid a sea of roses for Valentine’s Day—and it’s a meme
It will come as no surprise that Kanye West went all out for Kim Kardashian’s Valentine’s Day present this year.
“NO BIG DEAL KENNY G IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!” Kardashian tweeted Thursday. The accompanying video showed famed saxophonist Kenny G apparently trapped in a land mine of roses in vases while he played jazz in the Kardashian-West household.
The clip begs a few questions: Did Kenny G have to stand there while the roses were placed? Or did he tip-toe carefully around them to get to that spot? And if that’s the living room, where is the furniture?
NO BIG DEAL KENNY G IN MY LIVING ROOM!!! Happy Valentines Day 💋💋💋 pic.twitter.com/A1GD0UlEwu
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) February 14, 2019
But those are minor details, and the real story here is that West’s grand Valentine’s gesture puts any of your romantic holiday plans to shame. And of course, the whole ordeal has inspired memes and jokes on Twitter.
if it's just Kenny G in ur house and all the furniture is gone, that's a break in
— Vanessa Golembewski (@vgolembewski) February 14, 2019
Kanye West’s gift to his wife was to capture Kenny G and hold him in a room of their house. He is forbidden from taking breaks and must remain standing, playing his romantic sax. If even a single vase of roses is overturned, an alarm will sound… pic.twitter.com/rpPGTq8yZz
— simone norman 🌹 (@whysimonewhy) February 14, 2019
You might be romantic but you’ll never be Kanye filling a room with roses and actual Kenny G romantic https://t.co/aqE23Z89IW
— Bruno Major (@MrBrunoMajor) February 14, 2019
This reaction shot of West is particularly hilarious. Seriously, what’s he thinking?
when you're only 80% sure you hired Kenny G to come to the house but ok pic.twitter.com/fOQQvLISY5
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) February 14, 2019
Please just tell us Kenny G is OK.
Thanks for having me be a part of your Valentine's Day 🎷🌹 https://t.co/jRHyfzAugc
— Kenny G (@kennyg) February 14, 2019
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.