- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever 3 Months Ago
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu 3 Months Ago
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
Kanye hired Kenny G to play jazz amid a sea of roses for Valentine’s Day—and it’s a meme
It will come as no surprise that Kanye West went all out for Kim Kardashian’s Valentine’s Day present this year.
“NO BIG DEAL KENNY G IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!” Kardashian tweeted Thursday. The accompanying video showed famed saxophonist Kenny G apparently trapped in a land mine of roses in vases while he played jazz in the Kardashian-West household.
The clip begs a few questions: Did Kenny G have to stand there while the roses were placed? Or did he tip-toe carefully around them to get to that spot? And if that’s the living room, where is the furniture?
NO BIG DEAL KENNY G IN MY LIVING ROOM!!! Happy Valentines Day 💋💋💋 pic.twitter.com/A1GD0UlEwu
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) February 14, 2019
But those are minor details, and the real story here is that West’s grand Valentine’s gesture puts any of your romantic holiday plans to shame. And of course, the whole ordeal has inspired memes and jokes on Twitter.
if it's just Kenny G in ur house and all the furniture is gone, that's a break in
— Vanessa Golembewski (@vgolembewski) February 14, 2019
Kanye West’s gift to his wife was to capture Kenny G and hold him in a room of their house. He is forbidden from taking breaks and must remain standing, playing his romantic sax. If even a single vase of roses is overturned, an alarm will sound… pic.twitter.com/rpPGTq8yZz
— simone norman (@whysimonewhy) February 14, 2019
You might be romantic but you’ll never be Kanye filling a room with roses and actual Kenny G romantic https://t.co/aqE23Z89IW
— Bruno Major (@MrBrunoMajor) February 14, 2019
This reaction shot of West is particularly hilarious. Seriously, what’s he thinking?
when you're only 80% sure you hired Kenny G to come to the house but ok pic.twitter.com/fOQQvLISY5
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) February 14, 2019
Please just tell us Kenny G is OK.
Thanks for having me be a part of your Valentine's Day 🎷🌹 https://t.co/jRHyfzAugc
— Kenny G (@kennyg) February 14, 2019
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.