- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return 2 Years Ago
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show 2 Years Ago
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur 2 Years Ago
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 2 Years Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata 2 Years Ago
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
These are the 5 studio rules that Kendrick Lamar, SZA work by
‘Shut up and look ugly for the homies.’
Schoolboy Q is clearly one of those guys who would join fight club and then immediately tell someone about it—twice.
On Wednesday, the rapper snapped a glimpse of the studio rules for his record label, Top Dawg Entertainment, which also manages Kendrick Lamar, SZA, other Black Hippy members, among others. However, in sharing them to Snapchat, he kind of violated one of them in the process.
Depicted in a screenshot tweeted by a staffer for Revolt TV, Sean “P. Diddy” Combs‘ music network, the rules are short and simple, following a direct theme of, “if you act cool, then you are cool.”
2017 goals: shut up and look ugly for the homies pic.twitter.com/D2AN3olgLW— yung content 뤀 (@lukashmayyn) June 7, 2017
The rules read as follows:
If the homies just met you and decide to clown yo bitch azz, sit there and deal with it. It’s part of the creative juices.
Don’t touch, ask, or reach for Q’s weed, unless he thinks you cool enuff to pass it to you. We only smoke stersonals around here boy.
Shut up and look ugly for the homies.
Remember these rules and you might get a meal out the food budget!
OK, so, really there are four rules, but at least you know what you’re in for with the fifth one.
Maybe Q really just wanted everyone to be familiar with the weed guidelines before the next session? At least Snapchat wasn’t targeted on that social media ban.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.