- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works 2 Years Ago
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl 2 Years Ago
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet 2 Years Ago
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Today 10:48 AM
- Trump says ‘I didn’t need to do this’ while declaring national emergency Today 10:48 AM
- Women sue border patrol for detaining them for speaking Spanish Today 10:20 AM
- Tana Mongeau’s switch to Twitch has not gone well Today 9:58 AM
- Trans YouTube streamer shot in leg by security guard Today 9:25 AM
- Ted Cruz tries his ‘El Chapo’ Act again, to internet mockery Today 9:18 AM
- How to play the new ‘Tetris 99’ battle royale game on Nintendo Switch for free Today 9:12 AM
- ‘The Breaker Upperers’ is a quirky rom-com about friendship Today 8:54 AM
- Facebook faces pressure from Congress to reduce anti-vaccination exposure Today 8:40 AM
- How to stream Ergashev vs. Fox for free Today 8:00 AM
- How Netflix’s ‘Umbrella Academy’ found its eye-popping style Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Lorena’ deserves to be your new true crime obsession Today 7:00 AM
These are the 5 studio rules that Kendrick Lamar, SZA work by
‘Shut up and look ugly for the homies.’
Schoolboy Q is clearly one of those guys who would join fight club and then immediately tell someone about it—twice.
On Wednesday, the rapper snapped a glimpse of the studio rules for his record label, Top Dawg Entertainment, which also manages Kendrick Lamar, SZA, other Black Hippy members, among others. However, in sharing them to Snapchat, he kind of violated one of them in the process.
Depicted in a screenshot tweeted by a staffer for Revolt TV, Sean “P. Diddy” Combs‘ music network, the rules are short and simple, following a direct theme of, “if you act cool, then you are cool.”
2017 goals: shut up and look ugly for the homies pic.twitter.com/D2AN3olgLW
— yung content 뤀 (@lukashmayyn) June 7, 2017
The rules read as follows:
If the homies just met you and decide to clown yo bitch azz, sit there and deal with it. It’s part of the creative juices.
Don’t touch, ask, or reach for Q’s weed, unless he thinks you cool enuff to pass it to you. We only smoke stersonals around here boy.
Shut up and look ugly for the homies.
Remember these rules and you might get a meal out the food budget!
OK, so, really there are four rules, but at least you know what you’re in for with the fifth one.
Maybe Q really just wanted everyone to be familiar with the weed guidelines before the next session? At least Snapchat wasn’t targeted on that social media ban.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.