- Tom Holland on the ‘drunk’ phone call that led to Spider-Man staying in the MCU 5 Years Ago
- Artist banned from Twitch for drawing Alinity Divine’s dog sniffing her butt 5 Years Ago
- Republicans are still angry over a Barron Trump impeachment joke Today 9:12 AM
- Pelosi calls for House to proceed with impeachment against Trump Today 8:51 AM
- Justin Timberlake posts apology amid cheating rumor Today 7:51 AM
- ‘The Expanse’ makes a triumphant return with season 4 Today 6:30 AM
- ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ is a disappointing sequel Today 5:00 AM
- Spanish ‘Big Brother’ contestant forced to watch footage of her own alleged sexual assault Today 12:35 AM
- There’s a lot you can say during sex and also while at Disney World Wednesday 9:34 PM
- Peloton shows 3 positive emails and a Facebook post to prove its ad wasn’t cringe Wednesday 8:23 PM
- Bhad Bhabie accused of cultural appropriation, then criticized Black women with her defense Wednesday 7:23 PM
- Pinterest, the Knot called out for glamorizing plantation weddings (updated) Wednesday 6:55 PM
- Subreddit dedicated to dunking on ‘Game of Thrones’ 2019’s most popular TV subreddit Wednesday 6:25 PM
- Jason Derulo is pissed Instagram deleted his risqué bulge photo Wednesday 5:50 PM
- Instagram taking steps to ensure users are over 13 years old Wednesday 5:16 PM
Adult Swim’s ‘Too Many Cooks’ parody short is taking the Internet by storm
See the short that’s instantly developed a cult following.
BY MEGAN VICK
Adult Swim has provided the Internet with the dose of sitcom nostalgia no one knew they needed until “Too Many Cooks” arrived.
The 12-minute short repeats the same verse and chorus over and over in parody of every stereotypical opening credit sequence possible. Quirky family comedy? Got it. Family comedy with weird alien puppet a la “Alf?” Nailed it. Cop drama with reliably funny goofballs? Just scoot three minutes in. Don’t forget the old school Saturday morning cartoon sequence or space adventure show. Seriously, they cover everything.
The short was created by Casper Kelly—who is also the mastermind behind “Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell.” His writing credits include gems like Harvey Birdman and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Adult Swim first aired the short at 4am. It has since been transferred to YouTube and has immediately developed a cult following. It seems like a straight up parody but as it progresses through each type of show the sequences begin to get weirder and weirder. Towards the end one of the “Cooks” pulls a severed foot out of the oven? And that’s after the phenomenal 80s super hero costume appearance in, well, who knows what that show was supposed to be?
Since the airing “Too Many Cooks” has become a trending topic on Twitter. The Internet has spoken and it, along with some of your favorite TV stars, are in love.
I really hope Too Many Cooks gets a second season.
— Cristela Alonzo (@cristela9) November 7, 2014
I can’t even remember what life was like before I saw Too Many Cooks. Was it in black and white?
— Matthew Reichbach (@fbihop) November 7, 2014
I just watched Too Many Cooks, and now my life has been changed forever. https://t.co/bfxduhmdt3
— LaToya Ferguson (@lafergs) November 7, 2014
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) November 6, 2014
You can tell a lot about a person by how far they get in the Too Many Cooks video.
— Ben Schwartz (@rejectedjokes) November 7, 2014
Join the Internet in its new favorite obsession relive the classic days of television. How far do you make it through the short? Tell us your favorite part of the parody in the comments below.
Photo via Christopher Barson/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III