- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Everybody loves Tom Hanks, and just when we didn’t think we could love him more, now we do.
Toronto’s Zena Gopal made a bet with some friends to see who could receive a celeb headshot first. In just three weeks, Hanks played along and replied with a selfie of himself, flooring Gopal and helping her win.
Alongside the Polaroid featuring Hanks’ stoic, looking-into-the-future face, the Forrest Gump actor sent back a typewritten note. “HANX” is etched at the top of the paper, followed by the line,”Hey, Zena, Does this count as a headshot?” He closes with stating that he’s typing the note as the Polaroid is developing, finding himself “scary.” The Imgur post featuring Hanks has been viewed 1,034,719 times.
The Forrest Gump icon/dad figure is famed for giving back to fans on multiple occasions, helping a little girl sell Girl Scout cookies, returning a lost university student ID via Twitter, and photobombing a lucky couple’s wedding. Now he’s ending the year on another giving spree.
Though technically, it wasn’t two headshots. But if a legendary actor even sends you one, who the hell is counting?
H/T Hello Giggles
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.