- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace 3 Years Ago
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis 3 Years Ago
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
Everybody loves Tom Hanks, and just when we didn’t think we could love him more, now we do.
Toronto’s Zena Gopal made a bet with some friends to see who could receive a celeb headshot first. In just three weeks, Hanks played along and replied with a selfie of himself, flooring Gopal and helping her win.
Alongside the Polaroid featuring Hanks’ stoic, looking-into-the-future face, the Forrest Gump actor sent back a typewritten note. “HANX” is etched at the top of the paper, followed by the line,”Hey, Zena, Does this count as a headshot?” He closes with stating that he’s typing the note as the Polaroid is developing, finding himself “scary.” The Imgur post featuring Hanks has been viewed 1,034,719 times.
The Forrest Gump icon/dad figure is famed for giving back to fans on multiple occasions, helping a little girl sell Girl Scout cookies, returning a lost university student ID via Twitter, and photobombing a lucky couple’s wedding. Now he’s ending the year on another giving spree.
Though technically, it wasn’t two headshots. But if a legendary actor even sends you one, who the hell is counting?
H/T Hello Giggles
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.