- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 2 Weeks Ago
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
If you’d like to know how much the world of YouTube stars has influenced mainstream culture, note that YouTubers like Jake Paul, Logan Paul, and KSI are boxing professionally in front of tens of thousands of people. Lilly Singh is hosting a late-night talk show on network TV. And you can wager real money on fake YouTube relationships.
That’s where Tana Mongeau finds herself these days.
After an eight-month (so-called) relationship with Jake Paul that ended last month but was topped off by a (fake) wedding in Las Vegas, the online sportsbook MyBookie, via Sports Betting Dime, issued gambling odds for who Mongeau would date next.
She’s already been in high-profile relationships with rapper Lil Xan and social media star Bella Thorne. Now, there are predictions for who she’ll be romantically involved with next. They include David Dobrik, Logan Paul, and AnEsonGib—who will face Jake Paul in a boxing match on Jan. 30.
Dobrik is clearly the betting favorite with odds of the two getting together at -300, meaning you’d have to wager $300 to win a $100 bet. The reason why the odds are so heavily weighted toward Dobrik? Because Mongeau has made it clear recently that the two are in contact.
for the past two days i’ve been coincidentally napping when David texted me “what are you doing” so i just changed his text tone to an alarm tone because 2020 is not a year of fucking up my bag— Tana Mongeau (@tanamongeau) January 6, 2020
She also retweeted this.
Replying to that Life & Style tweet, Dobrik responded by writing, “R y’all on crack.”
Still, if you do want to gamble on a Dobrik/Mongeau love connection, you might want to wait to see if the odds move in your favor. Otherwise, you can bet on the following social media stars for potential connections with Mongeau.
- Dobrik -300
- Logan Paul +500
- FouseyTube +1500
- AnEsonGib +1800
- KSI +2000
- Mr. Beast +2000
Considering the blowback Logan Paul received for his brief romantic dalliance with Alissa Violet, who formerly dated Jake Paul, it’s probably not advisable to put your money on him. KSI and AnEsonGib don’t live in the U.S. so that probably won’t help their causes in this case, either.
In fact, here are my own odds that Mongeau will one day procure a marriage certificate with any of the people listed above: Let’s call it, slim to none.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.