- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? 2 Months Ago
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee 2 Months Ago
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment 2 Months Ago
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook 2 Months Ago
- Uncanny ‘Back to the Future’ deepfake transports Tom Holland and Robert Downey, Jr. to 1985 Today 10:04 AM
- Everyone is doing the Renegade. Including the teen who started it Today 9:23 AM
- Reality Winner is asking for clemency—will she get it? Today 7:59 AM
- There’s a Baby Yoda mod for ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ Today 7:38 AM
- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
For Tana Mongeau, being rich and famous has some pretty serious drawbacks–the invasion of her privacy being a huge one.
Early Friday morning, the YouTuber recalled the moment a male fan took his fawning too far and recorded her while she was sleeping on a flight.
“I just woke up on a plane in the dark sleeping to a grown man standing over me recording me sleep WITH FLASH on his iphone. made eye contact and he ran back to his seat. fame is fun,” she tweeted to her 1.9 million followers.
i just woke up on a plane in the dark sleeping to a grown man standing over me recording me sleep WITH FLASH on his iphone. we made eye contact and he ran back to his seat. fame is fun!— Tana Mongeau (@tanamongeau) December 20, 2019
Fans responded with concern and immediately–and fairly–labeled the unknown, intrusive fan a creep.
“Omg wtf that’s so creepy ewww,” Twitter user @TeenieMongeau wrote.
omg wtf that’s so creepy ewww— saeeda #herefortrev (@TeenieMongeau) December 20, 2019
That is seriously creepy! 😳— TiffanyGothSkye^v^💙 (@SkyeRose27) December 20, 2019
Others shared hilarious memes to describe how they would’ve responded if put in the same situation.
“I would’ve started swinging,” Twitter user @asteridmz wrote, along with a GIF of rapper Wiz Khalifa punching the air.
I would've started swinging no cap pic.twitter.com/kS1cMWYELZ— aster (@asteridmz) December 20, 2019
For one user, the glimpse into the life of a well-known figure proves exactly why being famous isn’t for everyone.
“Fame sounds terrifying actually lmao I think I would prefer to be one of the rich behind the scenes executives,” Twitter user @peachycobblerr concluded.
Fame sounds terrifying actually lmao I think I would prefer to be one of the rich behind the scenes executives— Lee (@peachycobblerr) December 20, 2019
Fans eager to get their fix of Mongeau (in a far less creepy way) can watch her new YouTube special, Here Comes Tana Clause, set to debut just in time for Christmas on Dec 23.
- Tana Mongeau is logging off because she doesn’t ‘want to act like I’m happy when I’m not’
- The list of highest-paid YouTubers is out—and an 8-year-old is No. 1 again
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign
H/T Teen Vogue
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.