- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
Several actors and actresses have publicly commented on the Harvey Weinstein investigation brought forth by the New York Times this past week. In particular, actor Ben Affleck Tuesday on Facebook expressed sadness and anger surrounding a man who, “used his position of power to intimidate, sexually harass and manipulate many women over decades.”
It didn’t take long for Affleck to receive criticism for his post, especially by one actress in particular: Rose McGowan.
“Ben Affleck fuck off,” McGowan initially tweeted, with a follow-up stating Affleck knew of Weinstein’s action years before this investigation broke.
“@benaffleck “GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie,” McGowan tweeted.
Ben Affleck fuck off— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 10, 2017
@benaffleck “GODDAMNIT! I TOLD HIM TO STOP DOING THAT” you said that to my face. The press conf I was made to go to after assault. You lie.— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan) October 10, 2017
The Charmed actress reached a settlement with Weinstein back in 1997, but it has yet to hold her back from voicing opinions on the matter. Since allegations broke, she has started an online petition with the hashtag #ROSEARMY to dissolve the Weinstein Company completely.
Affleck got his big break in Good Will Hunting, which Weinstein distributed under his Miramax company. Throw in the history of sexual assault allegations following brother Casey Affleck, and many are questioning the sincerity of Ben’s post.
You had no problem campaigning for Casey Affleck's Academy Award, though.— Jon (@prasejeebus) October 10, 2017
Media: Hey did you know Harvey Weinstein is a giant pervert?— RuPaul Ryan (@itsrupaulryan) October 10, 2017
Ben Affleck: pic.twitter.com/lIkUq23iB2
Affleck has yet to address McGowan’s criticism.
Samantha Reichstein is a former intern for the Daily Dot whose work focused on entertainment and politics. She's written for the Bump, the Nest, the Knot, the Austin American-Statesman, Austin Way Magazine, and Broadway World TV.