- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Rand Paul goes after Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on ‘The Late Show’
‘You want someone with judgment.’
In a discussion covering Paul’s haircuts, his choice of suits, and how they weren’t going to discuss pot, Paul, the Kentucky Republican senator, noted that there was “a certain seriousness to leading a nation of 300 million.” He went after Donald Trump and Chris Christie (the latter of whom he called “the big guy from New Jersey”) for how eager Trump was to use the U.S.’s nuclear arsenal and Christie’s plans to bomb Russia. He also said he was troubled by Hillary Clinton‘s desire for a no-fly zone in Syria.
“I think that’s an important part of these debates is you want someone with judgment, someone with wisdom, and someone with restraint,” he said. “And I am worried.”
Interestingly enough, Colbert told Paul he had 30 seconds for a rebuttal after Jerry Seinfeld insulted his hair on The Late Show. If that’s the case, Trump will have a lot more time to respond to the jabs from other candidates if he ever returns to Colbert’s show.
Screengrab via The Late Show with Stephen Colbert/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.