- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event 4 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action 4 Weeks Ago
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Today 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Today 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Today 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Today 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Today 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
Rapper Quavo said on Instagram that he’s selling the famous–and now difficult to find–Popeyes chicken sandwiches for $1,000 apiece.
The sandwiches have recently taken the internet by storm. People debated which fast-food restaurant reigned as the best chicken sandwich provider. As a result of the internet hype, many Popeyes restaurants ran out of the sandwich.
How Popeyes Chicken Sandwich look compared to the other chicken sandwiches right now! 🤣 pic.twitter.com/4EErYuUok2— Famouslos32 (@famouslos32) August 25, 2019
Quavo, who makes up one-third of Migos, posted a video on Instagram of his car with a bag full of the coveted sandwiches inside. The sandwiches, which usually sell for $3.99, are now going for 250 times the regular price, if you buy from Quavo, that is.
“I heard y’all boys was looking for them, they sold out everywhere,” Quavo jokingly says in the video, which has over 1 million views. “I got them things going for $1,000 a chicken.”
Apparently, Quavo isn’t the only person with an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to the sandwiches.
One Twitter user posted a video of himself reselling the chicken sandwiches for $10 to $15. Another posted a screenshot from eBay, where they’re apparently going for $1,000.
“Got a Regular and Spicy Popeyes chicken sandwich $50 each DM Me Serious inquires ONLY!” a third person wrote on Twitter.
Reselling Popeyes Chicken sandwich outside of Popeyes for $10-$15 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/OWZOO11AGA— lilvegita (@gianmarcogarof1) August 25, 2019
Yo they got a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich on Ebay. Do I place a bid? pic.twitter.com/NY8eXOrGor— Troydan (@Troydan) August 25, 2019
Got a Regular and Spicy Popeyes chicken sandwich $50 each DM Me Serious inquires ONLY! pic.twitter.com/Syhtivxqie— franky🕊 (@swagdadddyp) August 25, 2019
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.