- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
- Looking for a Nintendo Switch? Black Friday deals are here Friday 4:04 PM
- Facebook copies Instagram with experimental ‘Popular Photos’ feature Friday 3:58 PM
- This iPhone app says it will alert you if you’ve been hacked Friday 2:43 PM
- ‘Marvel’s Hero Project’ is the wholesome content 2019 needs Friday 2:40 PM
- Get more out of VSCO with VSCO search Friday 2:09 PM
- Twitter carves out ‘cause-based’ advocacy exemption in political ads ban Friday 2:06 PM
- Disney+ accounts are being hacked—here’s how to protect yourself Friday 1:52 PM
- Instagram is hiding likes globally and searching for a ‘well-being’ product researcher Friday 1:42 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ opens up its mythology even further in ‘Chapter 2’ Friday 12:54 PM
- Want to buy a drone on a budget? We’ve got you covered Friday 12:51 PM
- ‘Simpsons’ writer accuses Republicans of stealing Sideshow Bob’s defense Friday 12:49 PM
- Keanu Reeves’ appearance in ‘SpongeBob Movie’ trailer quickly becomes a meme Friday 12:35 PM
- Charli XCX makes the band in Netflix’s ‘Nasty Cherry’ Friday 12:33 PM
Rapper Quavo said on Instagram that he’s selling the famous–and now difficult to find–Popeyes chicken sandwiches for $1,000 apiece.
The sandwiches have recently taken the internet by storm. People debated which fast-food restaurant reigned as the best chicken sandwich provider. As a result of the internet hype, many Popeyes restaurants ran out of the sandwich.
How Popeyes Chicken Sandwich look compared to the other chicken sandwiches right now! 🤣 pic.twitter.com/4EErYuUok2— Famouslos32 (@famouslos32) August 25, 2019
Quavo, who makes up one-third of Migos, posted a video on Instagram of his car with a bag full of the coveted sandwiches inside. The sandwiches, which usually sell for $3.99, are now going for 250 times the regular price, if you buy from Quavo, that is.
“I heard y’all boys was looking for them, they sold out everywhere,” Quavo jokingly says in the video, which has over 1 million views. “I got them things going for $1,000 a chicken.”
Apparently, Quavo isn’t the only person with an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to the sandwiches.
One Twitter user posted a video of himself reselling the chicken sandwiches for $10 to $15. Another posted a screenshot from eBay, where they’re apparently going for $1,000.
“Got a Regular and Spicy Popeyes chicken sandwich $50 each DM Me Serious inquires ONLY!” a third person wrote on Twitter.
Reselling Popeyes Chicken sandwich outside of Popeyes for $10-$15 😂😂 pic.twitter.com/OWZOO11AGA— lilvegita (@gianmarcogarof1) August 25, 2019
Yo they got a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich on Ebay. Do I place a bid? pic.twitter.com/NY8eXOrGor— Troydan (@Troydan) August 25, 2019
Got a Regular and Spicy Popeyes chicken sandwich $50 each DM Me Serious inquires ONLY! pic.twitter.com/Syhtivxqie— franky🕊 (@swagdadddyp) August 25, 2019
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.