- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
PewDiePie and Marzia—the YouTube superstar and the former YouTube star, respectively—are on a second honeymoon trip to Japan. But not everything has gone perfectly for the newly married couple. As Marzia explained this weekend, she accidentally stabbed herself with a knife, creating a bloody mess out of her big toe.
As Marzia, who quit YouTube in 2018 despite having nearly 7 million followers, explained on Instagram, “I was opening the packaging for this knife and it slid out and landed tip first vertically onto my bare toe. Not fun. Lots of blood.”
Though she declined to share photos of the injury, she created homemade drawings to show what had happened. “Thank you all for worrying about the toe,” she wrote on Instagram. “It is a very dark purple color near the cut, so it’s not looking pretty BUT I’ve been able to walk all day so I assume it’s not that serious. I’m hoping it will heal on its own.”
She later wrote, “It’s definitely getting better and I’m totally fine, so no need to worry. Thank you all for the concern.”
Marzia and PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, were married in August, and since then, he’s passed the 100 million YouTube subscriber mark and found plenty of controversy when he donated $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League before changing his mind after an outcry from his fans.
But the two seem to be having fun in Japan, the country where they got engaged, despite her injury.
As for what Marzia might have learned from her experience, she wrote, “Just a reminder to be careful while handling knives.”
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding
- Why YouTube star Marzia is leaving the platform for good
- PewDiePie donates $50,000 to the Anti-Defamation League—and then changes his mind
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.