- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s 3 Months Ago
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone 3 Months Ago
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Today 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Today 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Today 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Today 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Today 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Today 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Today 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Today 11:14 AM
- Biden yelling at Warren becomes relatable workplace meme Today 10:33 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard was conservatives’ favorite debater Today 10:07 AM
- ‘Rogue One’ co-writer to direct several episodes, write the pilot for Cassian Andor series Today 9:50 AM
- ‘The Two Popes’: Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce shine in Netflix’s pope comedy Today 8:57 AM
Though people typically love cats on social media, they aren’t so in love with the newly released Cats movie trailer. Since its debut on Thursday, fans have been dragging and meme-ing the adaptation to hell. The general consensus is that the movie looks creepy–and its CGI effects are to blame.
On Thursday, one person suggested a quick fix that many are ready to get behind: Simply make all of the characters in the movie Nick Offerman. Disney artist Joaquin Baldwin photoshopped Offerman’s face onto the “cats” from the film, along with the caption, “Cats (2019) but every character is played by Offerman.” After seeing the photos, some think it may not be such a bad idea, including Offerman himself.
Offerman responded by tweeting, “Let’s do it!” Now the internet is waiting patiently to see if anything will become of the ingenious suggestion. At the very least, fans are expecting a cameo from Offerman as a grumpy cat.
Let’s do this 🐈🕺🏻 https://t.co/W9uS1MKt3d— Nick Offerman (@Nick_Offerman) July 20, 2019
The updated Cats includes a star-studded cast, consisting of Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, Idris Elba, Dame Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, James Corden, and a very probable Ron Swanson.
Cats is set to premiere in December of 2019
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’
- The ‘spell coconut’ meme offers advice to spice up your sex life
- The very finest Area 51 memes
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.