- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Though people typically love cats on social media, they aren’t so in love with the newly released Cats movie trailer. Since its debut on Thursday, fans have been dragging and meme-ing the adaptation to hell. The general consensus is that the movie looks creepy–and its CGI effects are to blame.
On Thursday, one person suggested a quick fix that many are ready to get behind: Simply make all of the characters in the movie Nick Offerman. Disney artist Joaquin Baldwin photoshopped Offerman’s face onto the “cats” from the film, along with the caption, “Cats (2019) but every character is played by Offerman.” After seeing the photos, some think it may not be such a bad idea, including Offerman himself.
Offerman responded by tweeting, “Let’s do it!” Now the internet is waiting patiently to see if anything will become of the ingenious suggestion. At the very least, fans are expecting a cameo from Offerman as a grumpy cat.
Let’s do this 🐈🕺🏻 https://t.co/W9uS1MKt3d— Nick Offerman (@Nick_Offerman) July 20, 2019
The updated Cats includes a star-studded cast, consisting of Taylor Swift, Jennifer Hudson, Idris Elba, Dame Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, James Corden, and a very probable Ron Swanson.
Cats is set to premiere in December of 2019
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’
- The ‘spell coconut’ meme offers advice to spice up your sex life
- The very finest Area 51 memes
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.