- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil 4 Weeks Ago
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America
“Little Black Mirror” will consist of three “mini-stories” in Spanish. It’s based on the original Netflix anthology and involves similar themes of a dystopian, tech-ruled future (that often doesn’t seem far off from reality). The shorts will be available weekly on Netflix América Latina’s YouTube channel starting May 26.
According to Variety, Netflix recruited YouTubers from all over Latin America for “Little Black Mirror.” It stars Maia Mitchell (Netflix film The Last Summer and Freeform’s The Fosters), Swedish DJ Alesso, Rudy Mancuso, Juanpa Zurita, Lele Pons, Anwar Jibawi, Hannah Stocking, Jeff Wittek, and Delaney Glazer. Musician and actor Rudy Mancuso, who climbed to fame on Vine, directed and scored the series.
Black Mirror season 5 debuts with three episodes on Netflix across the globe on June 5. The star-studded cast includes Miley Cyrus and Avengers’ Anthony Mackie.
- Miley Cyrus and ‘Avengers’ star Anthony Mackie coming to ‘Black Mirror’—watch the trailer
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review
Correction: “Little Black Mirror” is a promotional series inspired by Black Mirror but is not a direct spinoff.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.