- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Netflix’s adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham is going live this fall with—somehow—a whopping 13 episodes. The series is an animated revision of the children’s book, not live action (though it would be something to see Adam Devine and Michael Douglas in an odd-couple road trip movie).
First published in 1960, the book is a fairly simple tale of Sam I Am trying to get an unnamed character to eat the titular dish in a variety of locations and scenarios. The Ellen Degeneres-produced series will feature Devine as the voice of Sam I Am and Douglas as the voice of Guy Am I, who get mixed up trying to save an endangered “Chickeraffe.” Along the way they’ll encounter other characters, voiced by Ilana Glazer, Diane Keaton, Tracy Morgan, Jeffrey Wright, Eddie Izzard, Keegan-Michael Key, Daveed Diggs, and more.
Netflix on Tuesday teased the series’ fall premiere, though there is no release date yet. Green Eggs and Ham was announced in 2015 with The Lego Batman Movie‘s Jared Stern was set to adapt. A press release for the series boldly states that it’s “like a postmodern Plains, Trains and Automobiles through the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss” and promises a “journey of self-discovery.”
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’
- The best Netflix original series
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.