- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Tuesday 1:16 PM
Netflix is betting big on Big Mouth.
As season 3 of the critically adored animated series drops, Netflix has announced a spinoff that will likely give Hormone Monsters the limelight.
Human Resources is the title of the next show in the Big Mouth cinematic universe. Judging by the brief teaser released Friday, it looks like the animated series will focus on the Hormone Monsters who both help and hinder the children of Big Mouth. The teaser appears to take place in the realm where the monsters live when they aren’t haunting and/or helping their human assignments.
HOLY SHIT THERE’S GOING TO BE A BIG MOUTH SPIN OFF CALLED HUMAN RESOURCES pic.twitter.com/OqftpClXwM— Big Mouth (@bigmouth) October 3, 2019
The “Human Resources” department where the Hormone Monsters live when not lurking on Earth was featured briefly in season 2 of Big Mouth. Though a land where the monsters live has been hinted at briefly, between those moments and the teaser, we still don’t have many clues for what this world will look like.
Big Mouth follows a group of middle schoolers as they adjust to the challenges of puberty. On the show, the changes of pubescence are embodied by the Hormone Monsters, who are played by Nick Kroll, Fred Armisen, Maya Rudolph, and others.
Netflix has already signaled its faith in Big Mouth and its creators, ordering a total of six seasons of the series and inking the creative team to an overall deal.
Though the teaser appeared on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, the clip debuted at the Big Mouth panel at New York Comic Con earlier that day.
TV Line reports that a number of the minds behind Big Mouth, including Kroll, Andrew Goldberg, Mark Levin, Jennifer Flackett, and Kelly Galuska will work on the spinoff.
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.