- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 1 Week Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 1 Week Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
This post contains discussion of suicide.
The latest and final trailer for the third season of Netflix hit 13 Reasons Why just dropped, picking up eight months after season 2.
The show had already “spoiled” a significant plot twist with the apparent (perhaps overdue) killing of Bryce Walker (Justin Prentice). But it also appears to have been a setup for virtually all of Liberty High School, or at least the show’s main characters, to be suspects in his death.
This season will be the first without Hannah. Actress Katherine Langford explained in 2018 that she considered her character’s arc complete after season one. Netflix recently cut the character’s graphic suicide from the end of season 1, after the streaming giant was taken to task concerning the relationship between the show and teen suicide.
At the end of season 2, Clay (Dylan Minnette) stopped Tyler (Devin Druid) from taking a rifle to the Spring Fling, perhaps preventing an all-too-on-the-nose massacre. 13 Reasons Why will continue its useful multiple-timeline device, letting fans slowly piece together (and speculate) this whodunit with present-day happenings.
Though Clay appears to be the primary suspect, fans should expect 13 Reasons Why to keep the surprises coming.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.