- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
Luke Perry, the actor known for his roles in Beverly Hills, 90210 and Riverdale, has died after suffering a stroke on Feb. 27, according to the Hollywood Reporter. He was 52.
The same day Perry was hospitalized, Fox ordered a six-episode revival of Beverly Hills, 90210 with original cast members Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Ian Ziering, Gabrielle Carteris, Brian Austin Green, and Tori Spelling. But Perry, who played Dylan McKay on the 1990s show, was reportedly not involved in the reboot.
Most recently, Perry played Archie’s dad, Fred Andrews, on the CW’s adaptation of Riverdale.
Actors, writers, and fans posted tributes on social media following news of Perry’s death.
My heart is broken. I will miss you so much Luke Perry. Sending all my love to your family. ❤️ #LukePerry— Molly Ringwald (@MollyRingwald) March 4, 2019
RIP Luke Perry. 💔 pic.twitter.com/g6rR5lqLUG— Mayim Bialik (@missmayim) March 4, 2019
Luke Perry... you were a joyful and vibrant soul. You will be missed but most certainly your legacy will be remembered forever. Rest in love and peace, friend. #Riverdale— Riverdale Writers Room (@RiverdaleWriter) March 4, 2019
Ziering, who plays Steve Sanders in Beverly Hills, 90210, on Monday posted a photo of himself with Perry.
“May your journey forward be enriched by the magnificent souls who have passed before you, just like you have done here for those you leave behind,” Ziering wrote in the caption.
View this post on Instagram
Dearest Luke, I will forever bask in the loving memories we've shared over the last thirty years. May your journey forward be enriched by the magnificent souls who have passed before you, just like you have done here for those you leave behind. God please give him a seat close to to you, he deserves it.
A post shared by Ian Ziering (@ianziering) on
Perry’s representative, Arnold Robinson, told the Hollywood Reporter that he was surrounded by close family and friends at his time of death.
“The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning,” Robinson told the news outlet. “No further details will be released at this time.”
- Fans reckon with dark side of Michael Jackson after ‘Leaving Neverland’ premiere
- Netflix responds to Steven Spielberg
- YouTuber Corinna Kopf isn’t here for Keemstar’s body shaming
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.