- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
Lady Gaga took to the stage at the Park MGM for the opening night of her Enigma Las Vegas residency Friday but first, she gave a sneak peek inside the theme of the show.
A short video clip posted to her Instagram introduces viewers to an animated robotic girl. The girl touches a star and is taken into another universe where she appears to become a hologram. The video ends with the girl saying, “Hello, Gaga.”
And Gaga’s Little Monsters are losing it for the video.
This is what caused the flash of light over NYC. Wow. https://t.co/zBaifUaVRg— Phillip Henry (@MajorPhilebrity) December 28, 2018
I need a medic https://t.co/dddj9elImB— Christopher Rosa (@chrisrosa92) December 28, 2018
I am SO EXCITED. https://t.co/vZQjPu9tm2— Daniel Falconer ☃️ (@DanielJFalconer) December 29, 2018
EXFUCKINGSCUSE ME!! https://t.co/CEZzdjojlr— tyler oakley (@tyleroakley) December 28, 2018
If I wasn’t already unsure what to wear tonight I deffffff have no idea now https://t.co/G2q2ATV3e4— Marc (@MarcSnetiker) December 28, 2018
According to the those who went to opening night, the show delivered—as one would expect from a Lady Gaga performance. The video was a perfect tease for all the tech elements, futuristic costumes, and high energy Gaga’s actual performance brought. The robot alien girl from the tease is actually voiced by Gaga and interacts with her throughout her show.
The opening night performance started with Gaga suspended from the rafters above the audience, including Katy Perry, which gave her a standing ovation.
The 90-minute set list was packed with fan favorites including “Poker Face,” “Love Game,” “Telephone,” and “Applause.” She also performed her hit “Shallow,” from A Star is Born, singing both her own parts and Bradley Cooper’s, according to Pitchfork.
The audience was full of A-listers like Adam Lambert, Marisa Tomei, and Jeremy Renner.
Before opening night, Gaga gave fans a tease into how interconnected technology would be within her show.
In December she posted a photo of herself wearing a motion capture suit. The technology takes human movements and transfers them to a CGI avatar. Introducing herself to someone off camera, she first refers to herself as Gaga. “Or, you can call me Stefani. Or Enigma,” she says.
This is Gaga’s first Vegas residency, and it’s expected to run till November 2019. She’ll be alternating her Enigma show with one called Lady Gaga Jazz & Piano.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.