- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act 10 Months Ago
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes 10 Months Ago
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 8:10 AM
Lady Gaga’s Venice Film Festival grand boat entrance has become a meme
A star is born, indeed!
A Star Is Born had its official premiere at the Venice Film Festival on Friday, which stars Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga as “seasoned” musician Jackson Maine and the struggling artist Ally, respectively. Jackson “discovers” Ally (and the two fall in love) just as she’s about to give up her dreams of becoming a singer, until he thrusts her into the spotlight and she becomes an immediate hit, her fame eclipsing his own.
Although Gaga previously appeared in the fifth installment of American Horror Story: Hotel (as well as brief cameos in the following season, Roanoke), this marks her first big screen acting debut. So naturally, the over-the-top singer and songwriter had to make a grand entrance to the festival. And grand it was.
Being that she was in Venice after all, Gaga arrived by boat, with her legs casually draped over the side and looking ever the picture of old Hollywood glam to greet her fans.
— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) August 30, 2018
And I guess you could say people kind of lost their minds, as one is wont to do when it comes to Lady Gaga.
LADY GAGA US FUCNING BACK YALL AND HERE TO STAY LG5 LEGEND pic.twitter.com/Max3TTLjwk
— Tommy Dorfman (@tommydorfman) August 31, 2018
Is there anything more Old Hollywood glamorous than Gaga on a boat in Venice on her way to the premiere of “A Star is Born”? I think not. pic.twitter.com/QoPlopFkAi
— Maureen Holloway (@maureenholloway) August 30, 2018
— Rebecca Laurence (@rebeccalaurence) August 31, 2018
And then came the inevitable memes:
Me watching my rich husband sink to his death pic.twitter.com/HZshlLAaCl
— Ira (@ira) August 30, 2018
When you go visit someone in another city you’ve never met irl but you’ve sexted with and didn’t tell them ahead of time pic.twitter.com/mLmKih1VNv
— Ben E (@RealToddHaynes) August 30, 2018
Lady Gaga arriving at the Venice Film Festival ahead of A Star Is Born pic.twitter.com/B6HDMmGao1
— Adam Moussa (@adamjmoussa) August 31, 2018
— SavEl (@elia_savvas) August 31, 2018
same energy pic.twitter.com/yFBSRAyPMt
— Matt Erspamer (@erspamer_matt) August 30, 2018
This has been your friendly reminder that this is Gaga’s world, and we’re all just lucky enough to share it with her.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.