- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war Friday 11:59 AM
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues Friday 11:53 AM
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Friday 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Friday 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Friday 8:58 AM
A Star Is Born had its official premiere at the Venice Film Festival on Friday, which stars Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga as “seasoned” musician Jackson Maine and the struggling artist Ally, respectively. Jackson “discovers” Ally (and the two fall in love) just as she’s about to give up her dreams of becoming a singer, until he thrusts her into the spotlight and she becomes an immediate hit, her fame eclipsing his own.
Although Gaga previously appeared in the fifth installment of American Horror Story: Hotel (as well as brief cameos in the following season, Roanoke), this marks her first big screen acting debut. So naturally, the over-the-top singer and songwriter had to make a grand entrance to the festival. And grand it was.
Being that she was in Venice after all, Gaga arrived by boat, with her legs casually draped over the side and looking ever the picture of old Hollywood glam to greet her fans.
And I guess you could say people kind of lost their minds, as one is wont to do when it comes to Lady Gaga.
LADY GAGA US FUCNING BACK YALL AND HERE TO STAY LG5 LEGEND pic.twitter.com/Max3TTLjwk— Tommy Dorfman (@tommydorfman) August 31, 2018
Is there anything more Old Hollywood glamorous than Gaga on a boat in Venice on her way to the premiere of “A Star is Born”? I think not. pic.twitter.com/QoPlopFkAi— Maureen Holloway (@maureenholloway) August 30, 2018
And then came the inevitable memes:
Me watching my rich husband sink to his death pic.twitter.com/HZshlLAaCl— Ira (@ira) August 30, 2018
When you go visit someone in another city you’ve never met irl but you’ve sexted with and didn’t tell them ahead of time pic.twitter.com/mLmKih1VNv— Ben E (@RealToddHaynes) August 30, 2018
Lady Gaga arriving at the Venice Film Festival ahead of A Star Is Born pic.twitter.com/B6HDMmGao1— Adam Moussa (@adamjmoussa) August 31, 2018
same energy pic.twitter.com/yFBSRAyPMt— Matt Erspamer (@erspamer_matt) August 30, 2018
This has been your friendly reminder that this is Gaga’s world, and we’re all just lucky enough to share it with her.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.