- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
Will Bradley Cooper pee onstage with Lady Gaga at the Oscars?
He said the performance would be ‘unorthodox.’
Since its debut, A Star is Born has been a probable Oscar contender. The song “Shallow” from the film could be the ticket to winning Best Original Song, and the songs nominated are typically performed live during the award show. Cooper was recently asked if he would perform the song with Lady Gaga if it’s nominated, and he said he’s already planning the performance.
“We talked about that actually, because I’m such a maniac,” Cooper told Variety. “I started texting her the whole pitch of how we should do it. So we’ll see. There might be a cool, unorthodox way we could perform it.”
Taking some leaps about the meaning of an “unorthodox” performance, some questioned whether he’ll pee onstage (in the film, Cooper’s character drunkenly wets himself as Lady Gaga’s Ally accepts a Grammy).
— cozy blessed asian (@tribranchvo) November 13, 2018
People responded with their predictions, and many agreed that “he gone pee.”
he gone pee https://t.co/WhHkfa3COe
— jaboukie young-white (@jaboukie) November 13, 2018
“He’s gonna piss his pants … calling it now,” another person said.
He's gonna piss his pants…calling it now https://t.co/4fKYTODnbS
— Spark of Madness (@MadOfSpark) November 13, 2018
Others are conflicted about whether watching Cooper soil himself is something they want to see. “I’m not saying I want him to wet himself onstage, but I’m not saying I DON’T want him to wet himself onstage either,” one person wrote.
I'm not saying I want him to wet himself onstage, but I'm not saying I DON'T want him to wet himself onstage either. https://t.co/CSsrT2G6sG
— Danielle (@daniellegee) November 13, 2018
Even though everyone seems to be making the same pee joke, one person asserted that they’re all pretty funny. “I’ve seen 10,000 different variations of the joke that he’s gonna be on stage and I’ve enjoyed every single one of them,” the user said.
I've seen 10,000 different variations of the joke that he's gonna pee on stage and I've enjoyed every single one of them https://t.co/duAX6NWuTa
— UntemperedTelevision (@UntemperedTV) November 13, 2018
Let’s all pray A Star is Born is nominated for the Oscar so we can find out if Cooper will, in fact, pee on live TV.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.