- Justin Bieber does ‘Yummy’ TikTok dance and talks about ‘mind control’ on ‘Carpool Karaoke’ 1 Year Ago
- How to watch tonight’s Nevada 2020 Democratic presidential debate 1 Year Ago
- The ‘Naked Philanthropist’ and Kent State gun girl are beefing online 1 Year Ago
- Maine implemented a strict privacy law—corporations are now claiming it violates their free speech Today 9:11 AM
- Review: This is just the beginning for ‘Dreams’ Today 7:30 AM
- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
Since its debut, A Star is Born has been a probable Oscar contender. The song “Shallow” from the film could be the ticket to winning Best Original Song, and the songs nominated are typically performed live during the award show. Cooper was recently asked if he would perform the song with Lady Gaga if it’s nominated, and he said he’s already planning the performance.
“We talked about that actually, because I’m such a maniac,” Cooper told Variety. “I started texting her the whole pitch of how we should do it. So we’ll see. There might be a cool, unorthodox way we could perform it.”
Taking some leaps about the meaning of an “unorthodox” performance, some questioned whether he’ll pee onstage (in the film, Cooper’s character drunkenly wets himself as Lady Gaga’s Ally accepts a Grammy).
Unorthodox— cozy blessed asian (@tribranchvo) November 13, 2018
People responded with their predictions, and many agreed that “he gone pee.”
he gone pee https://t.co/WhHkfa3COe— jaboukie young-white (@jaboukie) November 13, 2018
“He’s gonna piss his pants … calling it now,” another person said.
He's gonna piss his pants...calling it now https://t.co/4fKYTODnbS— Spark of Madness (@MadOfSpark) November 13, 2018
Others are conflicted about whether watching Cooper soil himself is something they want to see. “I’m not saying I want him to wet himself onstage, but I’m not saying I DON’T want him to wet himself onstage either,” one person wrote.
I'm not saying I want him to wet himself onstage, but I'm not saying I DON'T want him to wet himself onstage either. https://t.co/CSsrT2G6sG— Danielle (@daniellegee) November 13, 2018
Even though everyone seems to be making the same pee joke, one person asserted that they’re all pretty funny. “I’ve seen 10,000 different variations of the joke that he’s gonna be on stage and I’ve enjoyed every single one of them,” the user said.
I've seen 10,000 different variations of the joke that he's gonna pee on stage and I've enjoyed every single one of them https://t.co/duAX6NWuTa— UntemperedTelevision (@UntemperedTV) November 13, 2018
Let’s all pray A Star is Born is nominated for the Oscar so we can find out if Cooper will, in fact, pee on live TV.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.