- Laura Loomer led a second protest at Twitter yesterday 8 Months Ago
- The eyes have it in these ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ memes Today 2:13 PM
- Facebook let advertisers target users interested in infamous Nazis Today 1:58 PM
- Dem senator promises to put net neutrality on the ‘political hot seat’ in coming months Today 1:28 PM
- Someone figured out that Toothless from ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ looks just like Bulbasaur Today 12:44 PM
- Disturbing Snapchat video shows 17-year-old throwing dog on trampoline Today 12:16 PM
- How to watch the new Bon Appetit channel for free Today 12:03 PM
- Eminem disses Netflix for canceling ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:50 AM
- Florida prisons sued for depriving inmates of music they paid for Today 11:36 AM
- Chris Hemsworth will become Hulk Hogan for Netflix biopic Today 11:29 AM
- Fortnite just introduced a K-Pop skin, and here’s how to unlock it Today 11:06 AM
- The YouTuber who exposed the site’s ‘softcore pedophile ring’ is under attack Today 10:39 AM
- Trump randomly calls for companies to ‘step up’ their 5G efforts in U.S. Today 10:28 AM
- Professional media person: Poor people have money but they just waste it on ‘benders’ Today 10:22 AM
- Netflix acquires highest-grossing blockbuster of 2019 (so far) Today 9:29 AM
A press conference that was filled with trash talk between Logan Paul and KSI nearly escalated until a brawl Saturday when Paul tried to rip off KSI’s headband and the U.K. YouTube star tried to attack his American counterpart.
A few days after the two traded insults at a nightclub, they were on a podium in front of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Saturday hyping their Aug. 25 fight in Manchester, England. The two were talking trash to each other for most of the press conference—and they were preceded by younger brothers Jake Paul and Deji, who spent the majority of their time together insulting each other’s merchandise, outfits, and fan bases.
At one point, KSI pulled out a blonde wig and pretended to be Logan Paul, who then walked over and bent over next to KSI. Paul ripped off the wig and then tried to take off KSI’s trademark headband. That’s when KSI tried to attack Paul.
He was held back by former heavyweight titlist and press conference MC Shannon Briggs, and immediately, both YouTube stars’ friends jumped on the stage to break up the possibility of a fight and to talk trash to each other.
“What’s up, bitch?” Logan Paul yelled into the microphone, and Jake Paul responded with, “Yeah, you fucking pussy.” Deji begged for Jake Paul to come near him, and soon after, the press conference ended.
Though the near fight might have been real—sometimes, legitimate fights break out during real boxing press conferences—there’s a good chance this was a set up to get more fans to pay attention to their fight in August. The press conference was streamed on YouTube, and at times, nearly 300,000 people were watching it at the same time.
Which means the actual fight will probably be watched by tens of millions of people, all of whom will get to see if KSI or Paul can accomplish what they say they can do and knock out their opponent in the most brutal way possible.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.