- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
The Kardashians aren’t exactly known for sharing #NoFilter, au naturale photographs. But one of Kourtney Kardashian’s latest Instagram posts is getting completely roasted for serving up some Photoshopped bubble bath unrealness.
According to Complex, Kardashian posted the photo on Monday to advertise her new lifestyle brand, Poosh, and its coming website to her 75 million followers.
Commenters were especially fixated on the contents of the image, which shows Kardashian unnaturally contorted beneath some lackluster bubbles in a bathtub.
Thanks to some apparent photo altering, her leg appears to float apart from her body, her face is situated awkwardly perpendicular to her neck, and there’s a mysterious bump on her wrist. The kicker is the caption, which says “Love yourself as deeply as you love them.”
I’M SO CONFUSED BY KOURTNEY’S LOWER LEG. pic.twitter.com/kUW1q17dmC
— Kirstie (@AlohaKirstie) March 19, 2019
Comments on the photo ranged from calls for Kardashian to fire the photo editor responsible to jokes about unrealistic body expectations.
It goes without saying that although she occasionally shares filter-free photos, most of the photos Kardashian shares on social media have been touched up in some way. But the bathtub photo ventures farther into the uncanny valley than most.
Kardashian’s photo fail came the same day her sister Khloe came under fire for sharing a T-shirt that implored people to “love thy neighbor”—even the racist ones.
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.