- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
The Kardashians aren’t exactly known for sharing #NoFilter, au naturale photographs. But one of Kourtney Kardashian’s latest Instagram posts is getting completely roasted for serving up some Photoshopped bubble bath unrealness.
According to Complex, Kardashian posted the photo on Monday to advertise her new lifestyle brand, Poosh, and its coming website to her 75 million followers.
Commenters were especially fixated on the contents of the image, which shows Kardashian unnaturally contorted beneath some lackluster bubbles in a bathtub.
Thanks to some apparent photo altering, her leg appears to float apart from her body, her face is situated awkwardly perpendicular to her neck, and there’s a mysterious bump on her wrist. The kicker is the caption, which says “Love yourself as deeply as you love them.”
I’M SO CONFUSED BY KOURTNEY’S LOWER LEG. pic.twitter.com/kUW1q17dmC
— Kirstie (@AlohaKirstie) March 19, 2019
Comments on the photo ranged from calls for Kardashian to fire the photo editor responsible to jokes about unrealistic body expectations.
It goes without saying that although she occasionally shares filter-free photos, most of the photos Kardashian shares on social media have been touched up in some way. But the bathtub photo ventures farther into the uncanny valley than most.
Kardashian’s photo fail came the same day her sister Khloe came under fire for sharing a T-shirt that implored people to “love thy neighbor”—even the racist ones.
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.