- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Wednesday 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Wednesday 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Wednesday 11:26 AM
The Kardashians aren’t exactly known for sharing #NoFilter, au naturale photographs. But one of Kourtney Kardashian’s latest Instagram posts is getting completely roasted for serving up some Photoshopped bubble bath unrealness.
According to Complex, Kardashian posted the photo on Monday to advertise her new lifestyle brand, Poosh, and its coming website to her 75 million followers.
Commenters were especially fixated on the contents of the image, which shows Kardashian unnaturally contorted beneath some lackluster bubbles in a bathtub.
Thanks to some apparent photo altering, her leg appears to float apart from her body, her face is situated awkwardly perpendicular to her neck, and there’s a mysterious bump on her wrist. The kicker is the caption, which says “Love yourself as deeply as you love them.”
I’M SO CONFUSED BY KOURTNEY’S LOWER LEG. pic.twitter.com/kUW1q17dmC— Kirstie (@AlohaKirstie) March 19, 2019
Comments on the photo ranged from calls for Kardashian to fire the photo editor responsible to jokes about unrealistic body expectations.
It goes without saying that although she occasionally shares filter-free photos, most of the photos Kardashian shares on social media have been touched up in some way. But the bathtub photo ventures farther into the uncanny valley than most.
Kardashian’s photo fail came the same day her sister Khloe came under fire for sharing a T-shirt that implored people to “love thy neighbor”—even the racist ones.
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.