- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from 6 Months Ago
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action 6 Months Ago
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action 6 Months Ago
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival 6 Months Ago
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests 6 Months Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Today 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Today 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Today 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Today 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Today 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Today 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Today 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Today 2:21 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League Today 1:56 PM
- ‘Love Island’ star’s Instagram photo doctored for MAGA hat ad Today 1:16 PM
The Kardashians aren’t exactly known for sharing #NoFilter, au naturale photographs. But one of Kourtney Kardashian’s latest Instagram posts is getting completely roasted for serving up some Photoshopped bubble bath unrealness.
According to Complex, Kardashian posted the photo on Monday to advertise her new lifestyle brand, Poosh, and its coming website to her 75 million followers.
Commenters were especially fixated on the contents of the image, which shows Kardashian unnaturally contorted beneath some lackluster bubbles in a bathtub.
Thanks to some apparent photo altering, her leg appears to float apart from her body, her face is situated awkwardly perpendicular to her neck, and there’s a mysterious bump on her wrist. The kicker is the caption, which says “Love yourself as deeply as you love them.”
I’M SO CONFUSED BY KOURTNEY’S LOWER LEG. pic.twitter.com/kUW1q17dmC— Kirstie (@AlohaKirstie) March 19, 2019
Comments on the photo ranged from calls for Kardashian to fire the photo editor responsible to jokes about unrealistic body expectations.
It goes without saying that although she occasionally shares filter-free photos, most of the photos Kardashian shares on social media have been touched up in some way. But the bathtub photo ventures farther into the uncanny valley than most.
Kardashian’s photo fail came the same day her sister Khloe came under fire for sharing a T-shirt that implored people to “love thy neighbor”—even the racist ones.
- Khloe Kardashian faces backlash for Instagram post saying to ‘love thy racist neighbor’
- This Twitter user wants to expose white YouTubers for racist, transphobic content
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.